Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #1

No manual in Danish when buying Pentax K-3

I'm living in Copenhagen, Denmark and have just bought Pentax K-3 Premium Silver Edition by post order from Germany. When I got the camera I discovered there were only a French manual in the box - and this leaves me with no chance of understanding the manual - absolutely not a sausage

I have already been in contact with the national Danish Pentax agent. The message from there is, that I must obtain a Danish manual from the German dealer - which got the camera from France. Ahem...

First of all I don't think it's OK that the national Danish Pentax agent will not supply me with a simple printed manual for a camera in this price class.

Secondly - yes, I have downloaded a Danish edition as PDF, but it's not handy to run around with 112 pages in paper size A4, when you can get a small handy model. So you may argue that this missing handy Danish manual is not a serious problem - but I think it is rather irritating.

Thirdly - what can I do? Contacting the German seller will be done, but seriously - will they have a Danish manual? Not likely, is it?

Anybody?

12-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I dont know what to say . If you order from Denmark does it include a Danish manual in the box?
If so maybe they only have them with the camera and do not have extras ?
May be cheaper to get a tablet and just keep the manuals on that.
I have all mine on my iPad mini so I can read them on airplane.
12-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're not missing much

Manual is useless. I am waiting for Yvon Bourque (PENTAX DSLRs) to finish his.
12-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jkobleur Quote
Manual is useless. I am waiting for Yvon Bourque (PENTAX DSLRs) to finish his.
Thanks for the link. Since it is an eBook my iPad will come in handy.

12-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #5

Why should the Danish agent help you, you have not put a penny in his pocket. Buying a camera in Germany to save money, and so you expect that the Danish agent will help you ... hmm.
12-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #6

Original Poster
It's a question of simple Pentax service, I think, Sir.
12-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Unregistered User

Had the same problem in Sweden. Called the dealer and they sent me one in the mail

12-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

If you look here [PDF 10MB], there is a K-3 Danish manual for download.

However, be aware that this version of the manual was released by Ricoh Europe just prior to the release of the camera, so is not identical to the production version of the manual available from Ricoh Japan. Most of the content is the same, but there are some minor differences.

But it may be better than nothing.
12-06-2013, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

It's always seemed to me that all Danes speak English better than many Americans!

Would an English manual be OK?

Last edited by p38arover; 12-06-2013 at 03:29 AM.
12-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
It's always seemed to me that all Danes speak English better than many Americans!

Would an English manual be OK?
I can do with a British (! ) edition, but some technical terms will have to be looked up - rather a few, I fear. So Danish would be preferable.

And yes, I have downloaded it as a PDF already - but it's not really handy with 112 pages in A4 format. The pocket size edition would be very nice, as it fits in - a pocket
12-06-2013, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
It's a question of simple Pentax service, I think, Sir.
From one Dane to the other: It isn't quite as simple as that. The Danish distributor has his obligations towards authorized dealers in his territory (and there are only about 5 million Danish speaking people in the world - - - the USA and Australia included!).

Thus, indirectly supporting 'unknown' dealers elsewhere (maybe even providers of "grey imports") would usually not be welcomed by the regualr dealers.
12-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #12

Original Poster
Oh, I quite get that. Just three arguments here:

1. 5 million Danes use Pentax? Hardly! But as rhetorics has it: exaggeration does the trick ;P
2. As a service for a few persons (five at the most I'd say), who bought at very expensive camera - I think it would be what you could expect. It's not that it's costly as the manuals are already there. The total expense here would be around one dollar.
3. The Swedish dealer was so kind to supply a Swedish customer in the same situation with a Swedish manual (see earlier in this thread). Now - as a Dane you know we are better than the Swedes ;p - so why noir prove it once again?
12-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
I can do with a British (! ) edition, but some technical terms will have to be looked up - rather a few, I fear. So Danish would be preferable.

And yes, I have downloaded it as a PDF already - but it's not really handy with 112 pages in A4 format. The pocket size edition would be very nice, as it fits in - a pocket
I have a copy of the *istD, K-100D, K-7, and K-5 manual on my iPhone - as well as the AF540FGZ manual. I've needed them at times!
12-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ztrejfer: I'm not sure which Danish Pentax agent you spoke to, but I'm surprised you even found a person to ask. Pentax is practically non-existent i Denmark: They even closed down their service center, and now warranty repairs are shipped to Sweden.

The last five years I have been buying all my gear from the UK, where Pentax has a decent presence on the market. There are several perks: Prices are much better than anywhere in Scandinavia; when you ask the dealer a question, you actually get informed answers, and service is handled by Johnson's Photopia, where you get outstanding service (The always clean the sensor, screen and exterior, update the firmware, and send you back a camera that feels like it has just returned from a luxury holiday! ). You are covered by EU consumer rights. And you get an English manual.

I have mostly bought stuff at wex.co.uk but also a few things from srsmicrosystems.co.uk - both are authorised Pentax dealers.

So, I am a Dane too, but when it comes to photo equipment I am a British customer.
12-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #15

Original Poster
MetteHHH: OK, thanks a lot, very kind of you. I contacted www.focusnordic.dk, and it was them, that refused to send me a manual in Danish. They said, they did not have any extras.