Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two points.

First, with a broken box like yours I would have first been worried about it being Gray Market. If it wasn't then you have little to worry about concerning warranties etc.

Second, one of my previous bodies I ordered as a kit. But what I received was a larger box with a body only box, and a separate OEM packaged lens and batteries. I checked and it wasn't Gray Market items, so I figured that the seller had sold out but honored my order at a greater cost to them.

Hope you enjoy the new camera.

12-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm with those who say the retailer had sold out of body-only packs and split a kit to supply your order. I think it would have been wise for the retailer to call you and give you the option of taking what he could supply, or of you placing your order elsewhere. My experience for the K5 was the same as twilhelm's; I ordered K5 kit with DA18-135 and received individually boxed items. If it was all the retailer could supply, I was glad to get it!
12-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I'm with those who say the retailer had sold out of body-only packs and split a kit to supply your order. I think it would have been wise for the retailer to call you and give you the option of taking what he could supply, or of you placing your order elsewhere. My experience for the K5 was the same as twilhelm's; I ordered K5 kit with DA18-135 and received individually boxed items. If it was all the retailer could supply, I was glad to get it!
Exactly!

It should have been MY choice and no one elses.

If he could not honor the deal, he should have tried to make it work with me the customer, but not just unilaterally shipped the wrong product modified to "be the same thing". As for your example, getting MORE than you ordered to make up for the problem -- in this case two new-in-package items vs. a kit, is a different matter entirely.

I cannot believe the number of people in this thread who don't understand business and customer service. I didn't get a 'really low price' as they claim. I got the same price Amazon was selling the correct item for and this seller claimed to be selling. No one forced them to sell at that price and no one forced them to misrepresent the item they were selling in the disguise of a different item.

Returning their mistake, not an option. Per their return policy, there'd be a 10% restocking fee plus I'd have to pay return shipping.

It's not just the BOX as some incorrectly put it. It's that my item was opened and not new and was not the item I ordered. It's a matter of principle. The fact that some people here are wise enough to see that I'm correct here isn't what "riled me up", it's the ignorance claiming I'm wrong.

Until this, this forum seemed to be pretty level-headed. I'm shocked completely at the insanity brought into this thread by others.
12-07-2013, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #49
Veteran Member

I'd expect to receive the body-only box if there was no mention of 'Open box' or 'Lens removed from package'. As already mentioned, it looks a bit nicer on re-sale when you can supply the proper box. And the OP is quite right to be a bit concerned about the legitimacy of the camera within the open box. When I got my K5 II, I proudly peeled away the plastic packaging and held it firmly, knowing I was the first person outside of the factory to touch it.
Then again, if it was bought for a killer low price, I'd be more willing to overlook the box issue.

Regards

EDIT: I didn't realise there wasn't a lower price on the camera. I'd expect the proper box, but I don't think there's a lot Mr Kitchens can do about it unfortunately.

12-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
I'd expect to receive the body-only box if there was no mention of 'Open box' or 'Lens removed from package'. As already mentioned, it looks a bit nicer on re-sale when you can supply the proper box. And the OP is quite right to be a bit concerned about the legitimacy of the camera within the open box. When I got my K5 II, I proudly peeled away the plastic packaging and held it firmly, knowing I was the first person outside of the factory to touch it.
Then again, if it was bought for a killer low price, I'd be more willing to overlook the box issue.

Regards
Correct... I didn't get the "new car owner" experience. There was no mention of open box or modified kit or anything. Just a promise to ship me the SKU I'd ordered -- not make up an equivalent.
12-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #51

No reason to get all sensitive about it. Its not a jar of food with a pop top lid.
12-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #52
bxf
Veteran Member

Obviously, the box has no practical purpose, so really, it comes down to its significance when reselling the body. Now, if you were buying a second hand K-3 body only, but the seller told you it was being provided in what was actually a K-3 + kit lens box, would you really give a $hit?

12-07-2013, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #53
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote

Period. End of discussion.
Yes, you're right. It is.

CLOSED
Closed Thread