Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
First get all the Develop module settings the way you desire. Then hold down the option/Alt key. Note that the Reset button at the bottom right has changed to Set Default. Click on Reset and the setting should stick.

M
Yep, that's exactly what I found out. Thanks.

12-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #47

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Really, interestingly enough, if an image contains a decent sized X-Rite Colour Checker Passport in it, Lightroom can auto create a unique profile from that, specific for those conditions at that time.
I meant not a specific colour profile for a specific scene but a general profile that delivers good colours (not best) in many lighting scenarios.
As for the X-Rite ColorChecker Passport, some say that its colours is still not enough for good calibration. There are palettes that have much more different colours.
12-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The New Camera RAW 8.3 Final was just released with Pentax K-3 support
12-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
The New Camera RAW 8.3 Final was just released with Pentax K-3 support
LR still says no updates available. Day or two, maybe?

12-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does LR 5.3 help?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/2...her-fixes.html
12-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #51

Original Poster
In press-release of LR 5.3 it is written:
"Added Camera Matching color profiles (Natural, Muted, Portrait, Vivid) for the following Olympus cameras..."

Wow! It seems that Adobe did for Olympus cameras just what I wanted for Pentax. It's a pity that Pentax cameras are left with just a one profile.
12-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
LR still says no updates available. Day or two, maybe?
So it was more like an hour or two!
12-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Well, for those of us who have sub 0.5 Mbs broadband connections it is still a day or too. Then maybe a redownload as the first one timed out

12-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skyer Quote
I meant not a specific colour profile for a specific scene but a general profile that delivers good colours (not best) in many lighting scenarios.
As for the X-Rite ColorChecker Passport, some say that its colours is still not enough for good calibration. There are palettes that have much more different colours.
I may be wrong but I though the dual illuminate DNG profile created with the ColorChecker Passport is what you're after. I thought the ideas was that it will calculate the color response between the 2 profiles.
I created one for my K-3 and so far, I prefer it to the Adobe Standard, but I'm really new to Lightroom so I'm learning something every time I use it.
12-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Hi, how does the LR 5.3 camera profile compare to the Huelight one?
12-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Hi, how does the LR 5.3 camera profile compare to the Huelight one?
I was just coming here to post! So far, I do think the "standard" huelight looks a little closer to my memory of how the colors actually looked. The profile also seems to affect the WB and possibly contrast. Is that my imagination or a by-product of the different color balance or none of the above? Still not ready to permanently decide, though, as the files I'm looking at right now were shot in some pretty challenging light. Not sure when I'll be able to get something shot in more conventional light.
12-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #57
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skyer Quote
Oh dear, that means I'm in real trouble then, as I use X-Rite ColorChecker Passport and X-Rite i1 Display Pro for all my professional work.

P.S. My colour lab is also a little concerned too.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 12-13-2013 at 02:01 PM.
12-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #58

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Oh dear, that means I'm in real trouble then, as I use X-Rite ColorChecker Passport and X-Rite i1 Display Pro for all my professional work.

P.S. My colour lab is also a little concerned too.
Yes, you are
Take a look at this image - Rawstudio Advanced Profiles Available | Rawstudio. Along with the ColorChecker palette there are also palettes that have much more colour samples in it.
I assume that Adobe uses (or can use) such more advanced colour cards than just ColorChecker.
12-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, so what does all this amount to? Can we use Xrite? Is there an adequate profile in the works somewhere? I really feel out of my depth in this discussion.
12-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #60
Pentaxiste
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote

The color correction when using either 3 of the Hue Profile are very subtle, I dont know what to think so far...
After processing shots with Lr 5.3 and the updated HUE profiles, I think they are better than Adobe Standard for the K-3.
The difference between Adobe standard and the HUE Standard profile is important, I prefer the last one, seems better at reproducing reality.

As a side note I've only processed landscapes so far, I need to check my ColorProfile with human portrait and Live Gigs to confirm my first impression.