Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I too am a longtime Pentax/Ricoh SLR user. I struggled when I got my K5 and then K5-IIs. But I was playing around with some of my old lenses and put my screw mount SMC 55m f1.8 lens on my K5 and BAM!!. Everything suddenly felt right with the world or photography again. It's like the designer of the lens envisioned a digital future 40+ years ago and made a lens to bridge the gap. Awesome combination. I am hoping that I can get myself into a position to get a K3 next year.

12-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #17
Jon

Original Poster
I really like the way you put that. My calling to modern pentax was just that, K mount, and in body stabilization, making the old glass So user friendly. I too have a Pentax 55/1.8 screw mount lens. Heard its worth going for a reputable adapter to keep it from unthreading in the body. What adapter are you using? I see Adorama and B&H carry them.

Last edited by Jon; 12-15-2013 at 10:35 AM.
12-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
Jon

Original Poster
Initial sample. Way too tired to process the lot. Files did not seem super consistent, but they are very flexible in post.
It was hardly an exhaustive test as most the shots were in similar surroundings. But I did have some night shots at 3200-6400 ISO (3200 is usable) and took about 500 total shots.

Last edited by Jon; 12-16-2013 at 01:11 AM.
12-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jon Quote
I really like the way you put that. My calling to modern pentax was just that, K mount, and in body stabilization, making the old glass So user friendly. I too have a Pentax 55/1.8 screw mount lens. Heard its worth going for a reputable adapter to keep it from unthreading in the body. What adapter are you using? I see Adorama and B&H carry them.
I actually have two Pentax adapters. I have had them for well over 20 years. I go by the old saying that 2 is one and one is none. Even with these I did have the lens unscrew from the adapter once. Not a big deal. You just have to make sure that the lens is snug in the adapter and be a little more careful when removing them that you would be with regular K-Mount lenses, Slow and steady seems to win that race best.