Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
Forum Member

Multiple red dots in OVF

A question was asked in the other forum about whether you get a single or multiple red dots (to indicate what's in focus) in the OVF when on the 27 point AF.
I get only one. Yes it does move around depending on what the camera chooses to focus on, but I get one red dot only as compared to my older Pentax DSLRs which sometimes showed two dots.

12-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I dont have a K-3, but on my Pentax DSLR you only get multiple spots when you switch Af mode from AF.S select point. Like when you go to MF, or maybe AF.A
12-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I get multiple red dots too on my K5 on AF-S and autoselect on the focus point. However, on the K3, I keep getting just the one red dot (which moves between the 27 points depending on where it's acquired the focus. I've checked the custom settings and there's nothing there other than the option to turn off or on the superimpose focus point. Does anyone else get just the single red-dot when on the 27 point AF?