Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2013, 11:07 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Blyth, Northumberland
Posts: 64
The Races

At the races with the K3, DA*50-135 and DA*300. C&C welcome

50-135, 1/1000, f8, ISO 2500



50-135, 1/40, f10, ISO 160



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 640



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 1250



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 5000



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 6400



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 6400



12-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,104
QuoteOriginally posted by Blythman Quote
At the races with the K3, DA*50-135 and DA*300. C&C welcome

50-135, 1/1000, f8, ISO 2500



50-135, 1/40, f10, ISO 160



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 640



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 1250



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 5000



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 6400



300mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 6400

Gripping photos, Alan! You've put me in the mood for a Dick Francis novel.
12-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
osv
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
nice!! that first one is especially clean.

I would speed up the shutter, it's too slow on the first steeplechase shot, for instance... also, as an aside, what's a slow shutter pan shot with the horses look like?

those iso 6400 shots look good, I wonder how they print out.
12-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,267
Very nice!

12-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter
klkitchens's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Allanta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 406
Good job
12-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Blyth, Northumberland
Posts: 64
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Gripping photos, Alan! You've put me in the mood for a Dick Francis novel.
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
nice!! that first one is especially clean.

I would speed up the shutter, it's too slow on the first steeplechase shot, for instance... also, as an aside, what's a slow shutter pan shot with the horses look like?

those iso 6400 shots look good, I wonder how they print out.
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Very nice!
QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote
Good job
Thanks guys. First try at this. Came up with 1/1000 sec using google on my android . Didn't try a slow pan shot. Maybe next time
Pleased with the number of keepers. The last 3 were part of a sequence of 13. And I was happy with the focus on every single one.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
300mm, dslr, f4, flickr, iso, k-3, k3, neck, pentax k-3, races
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Reno Balloon Races... tabl10s Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 08-06-2012 05:53 AM
Sports A Day at the Races cdurfor Post Your Photos! 7 06-01-2010 07:04 PM
The Tall Ships' Races Baltic 2009 (The End) Mindaugas Post Your Photos! 2 08-03-2009 01:57 PM
K10D Goes to the Races mel Photographic Technique 3 05-18-2009 05:50 PM
A Day at the Races maxwell1295 Post Your Photos! 5 07-06-2008 05:31 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top