Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eye-Fi (Selected Downloads)

Hi All,

Hope you've had a happy and relaxing Christmas.

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with selected downloads on their K3?

My iPhone and the K3 can see each and connect, but Transfer of files does occur.

It has worked successfully in the past, but very consistently.

I am going to Vietnam in a week and would like to be able to upload shots randomly to send to others and this forum.

Any help appreciated.

Rgds
Frankoz

12-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frankoz Quote
Hi All,

Hope you've had a happy and relaxing Christmas.

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with selected downloads on their K3?

My iPhone and the K3 can see each and connect, but Transfer of files does occur.

It has worked successfully in the past, but very consistently.

I am going to Vietnam in a week and would like to be able to upload shots randomly to send to others and this forum.

Any help appreciated.

Rgds
Frankoz
My issue is the other way... It won't do an auto download of all images on the card, I have to select them to send them.

One thing I see often is that if I am at home or near a hot spot I've connected my phone to before the phone will kick the eye-fi out and switch over to the other system.
12-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks,

Yeah I've found that you have to choose between your phone/tablet etc. and your PC.

If you choose a mobile device you have to use Direct Mode and delete any WiFi networks that you've established on the card. That way, the EyeFi doesn't keep defaulting to your home network - must confess I've been underwhelmed by EyeFi and FluCard to date.

12-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frankoz Quote
Thanks,

Yeah I've found that you have to choose between your phone/tablet etc. and your PC.

If you choose a mobile device you have to use Direct Mode and delete any WiFi networks that you've established on the card. That way, the EyeFi doesn't keep defaulting to your home network - must confess I've been underwhelmed by EyeFi and FluCard to date.

Yea it is for sure an imperfect system that seems does work, but not as smoothly as one would like. I have used it and my iPhone with the photoshop app to get stuff out quickly. And if the system decides to work and flow well it's great... But if it decides to hiccup it's all over.

01-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
Inactive Account

My issue is the storage of the eye-fi card. I got a 32G but in a very short time the card is out of no space. The 64G is too expensive for me so I looked around and found RavPower filehub. It's not a wifi storage card but it could insert any SD card or USB so I could always adjust the storage.