Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hiss like fan in live view

Hi all

Playing with the K3 last night in a quiet room and I noticed a fan like hissing noise.

I realised I'd been in LV for a while. As soon as I hit the LV button to use normal view finder focus the noise went away. When ever I went back into LV, it was there again.

Anyone have ideas what that noise is ?

All seems to be functioning correctly.

Paul

12-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Shake reduction.
12-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes .. Sorry ... Did a quick search and discovered that.

Odd that I didn't hear the first few times I tried the camera, but last night it sounded quite pronounced.

Why is the shake reduction active all the time you're in LV ? It's not focusing all the time and wouldn't appear any more 'prepped' to take a photo ... than normal viewfinder shooting ... But the noise is continuous just like a fan ..,

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Paul
12-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pgamble Quote
Why is the shake reduction active all the time you're in LV ? It's not focusing all the time and wouldn't appear any more 'prepped' to take a photo ... than normal viewfinder shooting ... But the noise is continuous just like a fan ..,
Without SR the sensor would not be centred in the image circle, and not showing correct image in LV. The sensor in a Pentax DSLR use the magnetic force of the SR holds the sensor in place even when SR is disabled.

When using OVF the sensor only needs to be centred when the image is captured.