Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Viewfinder Display

I seem to have an issue with my K-3. If I look at pg 14 of the manual, it indicates that I should see the settings display in the viewfinder when I push the shutter release halfway or during the meter time operating time. This is not the case. I see the display briefly (very briefly, like less than 0.25 seconds) after the shutter is released and the photo captured. Have I overlooked a setting? I have reset the camera to factory thinking that one of my settings had invalidated the setting but that did not help. Anybody else run into this?

01-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the meter defaults to several seconds, so that's weird. But I'd still verify the meter setting just in case!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think the meter defaults to several seconds, so that's weird. But I'd still verify the meter setting just in case!
Thanks Adam. Any idea which menu/settings those would be that may affect this function? (I think I will echo the sentiment that this is a particularly bad excuse for a manual.)
01-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #4

Hi Tim,

May be you pressed the button down the whole way. You should only half press the button for metering without taking the picture.

Regards,

Peter

01-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yes, like I am focusing the shot with AF (which does occur); however, the display in the viewfinder is never activated or at least cannot be seen. If I press the button halfway and get an autofocus indicator and release the button, the metering information is shown in the back and top LCD screens at that time...it is my understanding that I should see the information displayed in the viewfinder as well. That does not happen. If I press the shutter release and capture the image, the display is activated very Very VERY briefly in the viewfinder. Thanks.
01-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
Forum Member

That doesn't sound normal. I just checked mine and mine displays until I've taken the shot. The information on the OVF (shutter, aperture, focus confirmation, shake reduction, etc.) are all displayed.
01-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #7

Original Poster
Yup, like my K-30...K-3 not so much...also have issues with Live VIew. I think it's time for service
Thanks!