Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

got a new pair of glasses

My DA 10-17 Fisheye arrived this afternoon!!
I've got a new way of looking at the world now.
It's very, very cool...it's actually pretty compact and at 17mm you can really use this like a walk around ultra wide lens.
I can definitely see myself walking around with this and it being one of my favorite lenses.

Since I owned a Nikon F2 35mm year ago I have always wanted a fish-eye lens but I couldn't afford it.
...got it from KEH as a used lens but honestly it looks like brand new...not a blemish anywhere that I can detect.
I can't wait until I have some free time to use this...

Attached Images

01-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DA 10-17 lens was the first 'real' lens I bought a few months after getting my K10d in 2008. It, more than any other single lens, opened my eyes to a new way of seeing. I've since added to my collection of fisheye lenses but the DA 10-17 is the cheapest and most transformative one of the bunch. Enjoy your new vision.
01-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
The DA 10-17 lens was the first 'real' lens I bought a few months after getting my K10d in 2008. It, more than any other single lens, opened my eyes to a new way of seeing. I've since added to my collection of fisheye lenses but the DA 10-17 is the cheapest and most transformative one of the bunch. Enjoy your new vision.
It definitely lets you see things in a new and exciting way.
BTW the top photo was quickly shot indoors f4 @2500 ISO 1/50sec....cant wait to try this outside and mayabe do some long nighttime exposures with it.
01-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just got mine yesterday. They were/are? on sale up here for $379 and I just couldn't pass that up. Was too busy last night to get to use it and today is not looking much better but the weekend will be here soon. Looking forward to getting to play.

01-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistlefoot Quote
I just got mine yesterday. They were/are? on sale up here for $379 and I just couldn't pass that up. Was too busy last night to get to use it and today is not looking much better but the weekend will be here soon. Looking forward to getting to play.
Yup, that's the same that I paid + the shipping charge. I just checked the KEH site and don't see anymore for sale at the moment.

I also picked up the DA 12-24 f4 from KEH last week....I love that lens also and will be using it a lot.
01-08-2014, 06:42 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This lens was one of the main things that persuaded me to go Pentax.

Requires a conscious effort not to get body parts in the shot.