Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
External microphone for K-3

Dear colleagues, I'd like to buy an external microphone for my K-3. The purpose of use it is very simple - recording the interviews during the large exhibition. The shop in my home city has two models only: Raylab KINO DIRECT-111 WB and Raylab KINO EVENT 101.
Because I am absolutely newbie in the movie recording which of these two mic's you can advise to me?

01-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have never heard of this brand but when I looked on-line all the searches in google came up as Russian, certainly the Raylab KINO DIRECT-111 looks like a Rode Videomic copy - if time is not a factor I would suggest going mail order and getting the Rode Videomic rather than buying an obvious copy.
01-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
OK, thank you! Because I am going to Duesseldorf Boatshow next week I will buy the mic direct in Duesseldorf. Could I kindly ask you what spec of the mic are the most important for my purpose (no concerts or clubs, interview only in the exhibition halls, in yachtclubs and onboard the sailboats)?
01-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The camera mounted mic makes sense if you are operating as a single cameraman; if you are part of a team then other options are possible too such as handheld mics, tie pin mics (provided your subject is sitting) and those decent solid state recorders like the Zoom H4 (which can also be hotshoe mounted) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-H4n-Bonus-16GB-Tripod/dp/B001RBY2CI/ref=sr_1_1?...words=h4n+zoom

01-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
All the times I will be operated as a single cameraman because this kind of interview is only a very little part of my job. Because it I will be very grateful for any kind of advice about the good mic's specs.