Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
Forum Member

How to pair my Pentax O-RC1 remote to my K-3.

Can anyone please assist me with this? I followed the instructions and I'm still having problems. Any and all help will be deeply appreciated.

Ed

01-22-2014, 02:39 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ronin67 Quote
Can anyone please assist me with this? I followed the instructions and I'm still having problems. Any and all help will be deeply appreciated.

Ed
There is no pairing necessary. The O-RC1 should work out of the box as long as you set your K-3 to remote control (via the drive button). That said, I asked the same question a few weeks ago. There seem to be quite a few lemons among the O-RC1s delivered to customers. So maybe you got one of those. You should check your O-RC1 with the right drive mode on the K-3, then on another Pentax cam if available. If it doesn't work the only option is to return it.
01-22-2014, 02:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I went thru three O-RC1 remotes thinking it was my camera or somthing I was doing wrong, until I figured out the remotes were bad. I think there must be some old inventory out there with dead or dieing batteries.
01-22-2014, 03:25 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks folks. I figured it out. It works fine.

Ed