Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #1

New member. Waiting for my K3

Hi everyone,

Just to say "Hello".

I just ordered my K3 which should arrive tomorrow morning (crossing the fingers).

I own a K20D already (since Jan 2008).

I am planning to post few comparisons between K20D and K3 shots soon (perhaps will take me some time however), using the same lens (Sigma 17/70C).
Since I am not an expert, this might not be the best shots these DSLRs can produce, but it might help people like me to consider moving from K20D to the K3.
I only hope (when I will have the K3), that this is really worth doing the jump (!!!).
In term of ergonomics, this is of course not a question, but I am more interested by image quality (high iso particularly, dyn range etc).

Thanks.

Regards.

01-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome. You will be amazed.
01-31-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Chosta, I moved from my 5 year old K20d to the K3. You should be prepared to be pleasantly amazed!
01-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #4

New member. Waiting for my K3

QuoteOriginally posted by chosta Quote
Hi everyone,
Hi!

Just to say "Hello".
"Hello".

Welcome to the clubhouse!

I just ordered my K3 which should arrive tomorrow morning (crossing the fingers).
I am envious. It is also nice that you have chosen to stay with Pentax. Great cameras, with features that no other manufacturer has.

I own a K20D already (since Jan 2008).
I am planning to post few comparisons between K20D and K3 shots soon (perhaps will take me some time however), using the same lens (Sigma 17/70C).
We all look forward to seeing your comparison shots.

So, you only have one lens?

Since I am not an expert, this might not be the best shots these DSLRs can produce, but it might help people like me to consider moving from K20D to the K3.
Surely it will!

I only hope (when I will have the K3), that this is really worth doing the jump (!!!).
Well there is quite a significant difference between the two cameras. ISO range, image resolution, features and settings, etc. How can it not be worth the jump?

Best of luck with your new addition!

01-31-2014, 08:39 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Hi!

"Hello".

Welcome to the clubhouse!

I am envious. It is also nice that you have chosen to stay with Pentax. Great cameras, with features that no other manufacturer has.

We all look forward to seeing your comparison shots.

So, you only have one lens?

Surely it will!

Well there is quite a significant difference between the two cameras. ISO range, image resolution, features and settings, etc. How can it not be worth the jump?

Best of luck with your new addition!
DA 55/300, DA 18/55 II (from K20D)

I will also have the DA 18-55 WR since it was almost given with the K3 offer I got.

Planning to buy either Sigma 35 1.4 or Sigma 18-35 when available .. But I am not sure I will/should do it and also which one I should take.
01-31-2014, 09:29 AM   #6

But I am not sure I will/should do it and also which one I should take.
Well this forum has an excellent lens database to help you compare them. And of course plenty of friendly and helpful members to pass on their experience too!