Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2014, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

For DPreview believers

This just in

Readers' Choice: Best Gear of 2013 Awards: Digital Photography Review

Pentax K-3 wins the best overall DSLR for 2013.

Cheers!

02-03-2014, 04:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter

And still no review of the k-3 from them...
02-03-2014, 04:36 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I voted before owning one. Oops

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
They have stated that their review is underway. Much faster I might add than it took them to review the K-5 II/s. Guess that's what happens when you have a buzz generating camera with a truly innovative new feature.
02-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lot of my friends, not even Pentax users, were voting for K-3, great camera indeed!

02-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

A feather in RICOH's cap..
02-03-2014, 05:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I voted before owning one. Oops

They have stated that their review is underway. Much faster I might add than it took them to review the K-5 II/s. Guess that's what happens when you have a buzz generating camera with a truly innovative new feature.
I don't think it's necessary to own one to recognize that it's a great camera.
02-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think it's necessary to own one to recognize that it's a great camera.
But owning one certainly helps reinforce the opinion. I took about 3000 shots with my K-3 last Friday, in 40ºC heat during an outdoor music festival, and it consistently nailed focus and never missed a beat.

Absolutely awesome camera.

02-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #8

Currently loosing my belief in DPreview. While I like the detailed reviews the constant flaming in nearly every announcement is annoying. Also the gearshop dropped some of their credibility in my opinion ...

Edit, More on topic: Also voted for the K-3. Would vote with my wallet too, but wallet said no
02-03-2014, 06:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Although I have not controlled it yet but Iam sure It is me not this Galloping horse!!
02-03-2014, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #10
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I'm continually amazed at how delayed Pentax DSLR reviews are on DPREVIEW.
02-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I hate DPreview.

I have seen in general Pentaxians hating them too.

Bottomline I feel my hate for them is the right thing to do
02-03-2014, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Count Me Unimpressed

Sorry, but that header isn't a reflection of how DPR views Pentax. We all know how that story goes; Although some choose to not believe it.
No, they did the absolute minimum they were forced to do; Acknowledge the voter's results. No way to avoid it. Bury it? Yes.
Want a list of cameras that were released after the K-3 and have received a full review already? Everything in the last 2+ months.
And their anti-Pentax bias shows in so many other ways it's laughable anyone with an open mind could ignore it. Slights, continual mention of Canikony 'superiority' in any Pentax review, product placement in their own photos, wrong or misleading information (oh, yes, they're just more familiar with Canon and Nikon. I forgot), deleting threads or posts (like this one) that dare to mention their dismissive and condescending attitude, errors of omission (oh, did we miss that feature, thanks for pointing it out!, Nikon has added that too and Canon will have it soon, with much larger lens selection...back to the Pentax) siccing their pack-wolf posters on anyone who dares to complain, just an overall attitude of superiority, that sneering 'We're better than you' vibe.
Why any dedicated Pentaxian would waste 10 seconds defending DPR is beyond me. They HATE us and you can smell it a mile away.
Think I'm wrong? Go there and look for a good word, anything positive about Pentax, that was written by the staff. ANYTHING. Hope you've got several hours to spare. Find one? Good,now, read the next sentence. The one where they add a caveat; 'Yes, the camera has some notable features, but...."
Every time.
Want to prove the truth? K-3 Review. Where is it? Nearly 30 independent reviews so far. One missing. Yes, they have the camera already.
That's what they do when they aren't forced to do anything.
I've read much more balanced and unbiased views of Pentax gear on Nikon and Canon forums, then have ever appeared on DPR. What does that say?
The only way it will ever change is when (not 'If') Pentax users quit that site and complain to advertisers like B+H or Adorama about the obvious bias. When it starts to cost them money, they'll reluctantly change. Not until.
(Not) JMO,
Ron
02-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow...this is great news ....
02-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Sorry, but that header isn't a reflection of how DPR views Pentax.
To explain, that's why the header is for "DPReview believers" - Us Pentaxians know what Pentax is all about.

And I quote myself again

QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
I have seen in general Pentaxians hating them too. Bottomline I feel my hate for them is the right thing to do
I also agree with rest of all your points.
02-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IIRC PentaxForums itself came about because Pentax DPReview members where so regularly banned for questioning the obvious bias of the owner. It seems nothing much has changed.