Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #46
Site Supporter
davidreilly3207's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Jersey
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 566
Installed today. No problems so far.

02-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Bonobo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 205
QuoteOriginally posted by Stagnant Quote
Version downloaded from the Russian site is not recogmized by camera. And I don't see it on the global site, just 1.01.
i was also just seeing v. 1.01 but eventually found it here at the bottom of the page.

Downloads & Literature - RICOH Imaging

or you could just click this direct link:
http://c758710.r10.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/support/firmware/1391617303_k3_102.zip
02-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #48
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Beauceville, Québec
Posts: 15
Installed yesterday. No problems so far. Thank Ricoh ! I love my K-3
02-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #49
Veteran Member
GoremanX's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, VT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,652
It is NOT possible to install new firmware using the #2 SD card slot, so I guess I can't play with this new firmware Camera is on its way to C.R.I.S. for warranty repair...

02-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #50
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 255
Who is C.R.I.S.?
02-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #51
Veteran Member
GoremanX's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, VT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,652
QuoteOriginally posted by gosman Quote
Who is C.R.I.S.?
The company that Pentax USA (err, Ricoh USA?) contracts to do all repair work on their behalf. They're a large camera repair shop in Arizona that do work on all brands of cameras and lenses. Pentax doesn't actually fix their own stuff anymore, they haven't for many years. When you send something to "PENTAX Service Department", you're actually sending it to C.R.I.S.
https://www.criscam.com/
02-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #52
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 255
Thanks Gorman- good to know. I hope they are good to do business with. I'm getting an extended 3 year warranty from my Pentax rep. These cameras have too many computers and electronics to go without a warranty. And in your case, a mechanical issue!!
02-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #53
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
1.01 made afc worse than 1.00. 1.02 makes it better. 1.01 hunted quite a bit. Otherwise I haven't noticed any other difference. The flash seemed marginally quicker but hard to tell without measuring.

02-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #54
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Herndon VA
Posts: 34
I tried downloading and updating the firmware upgrade. When I press the menu button and power on the camera it does not show the firmware screen it just shows the Menu screen. I tried fully charged battery and different 32 GB SD cards still no luck. Can some one tell whether I am missing out on any step? or Do I have to send the camera to pentax service. I use Mac and I got my K3 a week back hence upgrading from 1.0 to 1.02.

Sri
02-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #55
Site Supporter
slipdm16's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Photos: Albums
Posts: 159
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
1.01 made afc worse than 1.00. 1.02 makes it better. 1.01 hunted quite a bit. Otherwise I haven't noticed any other difference. The flash seemed marginally quicker but hard to tell without measuring.
So I haven't seen anyone ask directly: would going from 1.00 to 1.02 therefore make the AF-C better than 1.00? I assume yes, but wanted to see if anyone had an opinion...
02-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #56
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 47
Double-check the File Name

QuoteOriginally posted by Sri Quote
I tried downloading and updating the firmware upgrade. When I press the menu button and power on the camera it does not show the firmware screen it just shows the Menu screen. I tried fully charged battery and different 32 GB SD cards still no luck. Can some one tell whether I am missing out on any step? or Do I have to send the camera to pentax service. I use Mac and I got my K3 a week back hence upgrading from 1.0 to 1.02.

Sri
I had the same problem today. I discovered after looking in my downloads folder that the binary file name of the 1.02 FW is the same as the one for FW 1.01 which was still in the downloads folder. The computer automatically appended a 2 to the file name and this made the camera not see it. As soon as I took the 2 out of the file name and tried it, it worked like it should. So, check to see if that's what is going on with yours.
02-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #57
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 255
Always have a separate clean reformatted card set aside for firmware upgrades. Each time you download onto the card and upload into the camera, reformat and save card for the next time!
02-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #58
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Herndon VA
Posts: 34
QuoteOriginally posted by rodeknyt Quote
I had the same problem today. I discovered after looking in my downloads folder that the binary file name of the 1.02 FW is the same as the one for FW 1.01 which was still in the downloads folder. The computer automatically appended a 2 to the file name and this made the camera not see it. As soon as I took the 2 out of the file name and tried it, it worked like it should. So, check to see if that's what is going on with yours.
Thanks a bunch. You were right I did the same mistake, I left the earlier download as it is in downloads folder on my mac. Hence it was adding a 2 to the file name and the camera is not recognizing the bin file on the SD card. Yes now I did upgrade my firmware successfully after deleting the 2.
02-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #59
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Herndon VA
Posts: 34
QuoteOriginally posted by slipdm16 Quote
So I haven't seen anyone ask directly: would going from 1.00 to 1.02 therefore make the AF-C better than 1.00? I assume yes, but wanted to see if anyone had an opinion...
I just managed to upgrade the firmware to 1.02. Let me test it tomorrow and will let you know.
02-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #60
Veteran Member
froeschle's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 552
QuoteQuote:
Why would a firmware change be needed for a TC?
Pentax Announces New 1.4x Teleconveter - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com
QuoteQuote:
After a firmware update, the following camera bodies will support this teleconverter:
Pentax K-3
Pentax K-50
Pentax K-30
Pentax K-5 II
Pentax K-5 IIs
Pentax K-5
Pentax K-01
Pentax K-7
Pentax K-r
The teleconverter can still be used on older Pentax cameras, just without the autofocus functionality.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
batteries, battery, broken, camera, cards, devices, dslr, fingers, firmware, firmware 1.02, grip, k-3, k3, lens, menu, pc, pentax, pentax k-3, root, sd, selection, switch, thousands, times, upgrade
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-30 Firmware Update v. 1.03 bluenose Pentax K-30 & K-50 4 03-18-2013 09:07 AM
New FIrmware Update v.1.12 geru2000 Pentax K-r 53 06-07-2012 11:30 AM
K-x Firmware 1.02 dragra Pentax DSLR Discussion 44 05-02-2011 10:14 PM
New Firmware Officially Posted (1.02 K-5, 1.01 K-r and 645D) nixcamic Pentax News and Rumors 9 01-05-2011 08:47 PM
K100D firmware V 1.02 Bostjan Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 05-21-2007 12:57 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top