Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 04:42 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There are definitely some quirks but looks pretty good. So much negativity around, smh.

02-28-2014, 06:02 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A very useful video.

Next, someone needs to demonstrate that it is possible to get the DNG's and/or JPEGs off the Flucard directly into a watched folder in Lightroom...

Some of the apps for standard Flucards seem to allow this. Do they also work with the Pentax O-FC1?
They don't currently but looking under the hood this seems to be because they don't reconise the o-fc1 as a valid flucrd pro, not because it can't.

Given the name is embazoned on the card I'd be surpirsed if these apps are not updated to support the card.
03-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #63

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
selfhelpphotographer's review of the flucard O-FC1 is up on Youtube

Pentax FLUCARD PRO for Pentax K-3 Setup and How To Guide - YouTube

Excellent video thanks so much. Everything works now except my live view. I changed to 360/240 with now luck. Keep getting a "The operation can not be completed correctly" message. The same on both my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4S.
03-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dmoisuk Quote
Excellent video thanks so much. Everything works now except my live view. I changed to 360/240 with now luck. Keep getting a "The operation can not be completed correctly" message. The same on both my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4S.
Go into the live view menu and disable composition adjustment.

03-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
Go into the live view menu and disable composition adjustment.
Yes discovered that myself. Thanks for the response.
03-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #66

Anyone know if the OFC-1 works with the K-3 in video mode?
03-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EvanB Quote
Anyone know if the OFC-1 works with the K-3 in video mode?
No. Single shot mode only.

07-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My first impression is that it is next to worthless for me. The most annoying thing is that when I put it into a USB adapter on my work station (not wireless), it locks up (Win 7 64bit Pro). It apparently works on a Win 8 Lenovo Yoga Pro, which adds another step in the process ( the wireless process is insufficient for my needs). Reviewing the files are slow, but I have not done the Flucard firmware update yet. Will do that to see if it helps, otherwise I'll get rid of it.

And to add injury to insult, the grip (package deal with Flucard) tends to cause the camera to lock up and act weird (v1.03). I just downloaded 1.10 and hope that clears that up because that is more annoying.

Z
07-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HomeMadeSin Quote
My first impression is that it is next to worthless for me. The most annoying thing is that when I put it into a USB adapter on my work station (not wireless), it locks up (Win 7 64bit Pro). It apparently works on a Win 8 Lenovo Yoga Pro, which adds another step in the process ( the wireless process is insufficient for my needs). Reviewing the files are slow, but I have not done the Flucard firmware update yet. Will do that to see if it helps, otherwise I'll get rid of it.

And to add injury to insult, the grip (package deal with Flucard) tends to cause the camera to lock up and act weird (v1.03). I just downloaded 1.10 and hope that clears that up because that is more annoying.

Z

I just got my K3, Grip & FluCard package from B&H last week. No lockups using the grip. I took it out last weekend and shot almost 4000 exposures with no problems at all. The FluCard is something I personally will play with but will probably never seriously use. I was more interested in the body and grip for the way I shoot.
07-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had the camera set up in front of a hummingbird feeder using the Flucard remote in hopes of snagging one of these little guys. There was too much delay in the shutter, and I was not as successful as I would have liked. It was still fun to play with.
07-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I had the camera set up in front of a hummingbird feeder using the Flucard remote in hopes of snagging one of these little guys. There was too much delay in the shutter, and I was not as successful as I would have liked. It was still fun to play with.
If your shot is critical for the delay, you had better using a binocular to see the timing and then tap the shutter button on the phone. You may eliminate the delay of the video transmission for the live view.
07-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K-3-lover Quote
If your shot is critical for the delay, you had better using a binocular to see the timing and then tap the shutter button on the phone. You may eliminate the delay of the video transmission for the live view.
I could see the timing from my window, but not the framing. I had the camera with a 50mm macro lens right in front of the feeder for a tight shot. The birds got used to it, and were even curious. If it had worked, it would have been impressive.

Not all the delay is in the video. I tried a wider shot while watching and using an RF remote shutter release I already had. There was some delay from pressing that button, too. It was not noticeable until I was framing a darting animal.
07-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #73
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kkoether Quote
I just got my K3, Grip & FluCard package from B&H last week. No lockups using the grip. I took it out last weekend and shot almost 4000 exposures with no problems at all. The FluCard is something I personally will play with but will probably never seriously use. I was more interested in the body and grip for the way I shoot.
Got mine from B & H and like you, I was only interested in the camera and grip. Couldn't get the FluCard to work, don't really care, so I will see about trading it in for a lens.
07-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #74
Forum Member

Sent the FluCard to B & H for some trade-in money. Will use it toward a more useful lens.
07-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #75
Forum Member

I just picked up my K-3 yesterday from B&H. The Flucard is DOA. Tried it on 2 camera bodies (K-3 & K-x) and 3 computers. Nada. I'll be bringing it back to B&H today for an exhcange.