Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Forum Member

K-3 + Lens Model on EXIF

Hi everyone!

I took this photo yesterday evening with my K-3 and my HD DA 20-40mm Limited. My K-3 doesnt' seem to fully recognized the Lens ID or Lens Model in EXIF.

When I open my jpeg or RAW in Digital Camera Utility 5, there is no information in Lens Model. I thought maybe It's DCU 5 that doesn't recognized my lens. So I tried in Lightroom 5.3 and it says "Unknown lens". Also, It happens the same thing when I uploaded my photo in the PENTAX Photo Gallery (web site).

On camera, I can turn on-off lens correction in Menu without problem.

Does anyone is able to see Lens Model of his HD DA 20-40mm Limited in EXIF ?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whether or not you see the lens info depends on your software, not on the camera. So eventually there will be an update that includes the new lens definitions.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Whether or not you see the lens info depends on your software, not on the camera. So eventually there will be an update that includes the new lens definitions.
Ok I see !

Thank you

---------- Post added 02-11-14 at 01:15 PM ----------

Adam,

On your Thread "20-40mm Test Image"I can see Lens ID in EXIF of your pictures.

How did you do that ?
02-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dodel Quote
Ok I see !

Thank you

---------- Post added 02-11-14 at 01:15 PM ----------

Adam,

On your Thread "20-40mm Test Image"I can see Lens ID in EXIF of your pictures.

How did you do that ?
It's in yours too, but for some reason the lens isn't being recognized. Do you have the silver version perhaps? That might not be in the exiftool database yet.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
It's in yours too, but for some reason the lens isn't being recognized. Do you have the silver version perhaps? That might not be in the exiftool database yet.
Exactly !

I have the Silver Edition to fit on my K-3 Premium Silver Edition.

It should be that
02-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dodel Quote
Exactly !

I have the Silver Edition to fit on my K-3 Premium Silver Edition.

It should be that
I'll let the exiftool developer know so that at least the lens can be properly identified on the site

Adam

02-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'll let the exiftool developer know so that at least the lens can be properly identified on the site
Thank you Adam!