Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #61
Site Supporter

It's working pretty well.

I just used it along with a 1st generation iPad using Safari and it does work very well. Actually it just gave our old iPad a new career

I tested the Android basic browser (from an Asus device) and it isn't working consistently. Used with a Chrome browser on the same platform it worked flawlessly.

I have been experiencing frequent disconnects for the first half hour. That is until I changed the default transmission channel on the device. It isn't the most robust connection I've ever seen. However as soon as I moved it to channel 11, it became stable and I was able to use it for an hour without being disconnected once.

02-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
automatic network switch turns a weak network connection off.

Nope, this thing is not stable or simple to maintain a connection. Very unstable in fact and live view still won't work.

Horrible thing.
Parry - try mamethot's solution - changing the transmission channel.

If you lack the manual I linked the very clear instructions from the Japan product page and added a link to download the Manual

HERE

I hope that helps you
03-01-2014, 02:08 AM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

Workin' now.
03-01-2014, 02:57 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
selfhelpphotographer's review of the O-FC1 is up on Youtube

that joker needs a public health warning due to the sound of his voice, strip paint with it

03-01-2014, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I am, trying to get the Flucard going with my iPad mini right now. Let's just say there are unresolved issues. I have seen images saved to the FLucard, but I've yet to figure out how to get the Live view to turn up on my iPad.

I get the same message as Parry... and it completely locks up my browser, nothing else even show up... currently, my bran hurts... I haven't seen an image on the computer except for the three I've taken with the iPad, and they are locked away on the iPad for the moment...

I have changed the F stop and Ev and ISO and taken a picture...this is a product that would never have gotten by Steve Jobs... someone would have been fired.
refer to thread #43

It's not the product at issue, Untortenatley it is a netowrk product and as such needs you to understand how to configure a wireless network on a non congested channel.
Theres nothing the 'product' can do but provide you an easy setable channle selection.

on the subjext of Steve Jobs
"- With reports of 13 battery fires and one injury, the big-box retailer is recalling around 5100 replacement batteries for the Apple laptops"
"It appears the cases of the Apple iPhone’s catching fire and exploding have not ceased. Recently, a 13-year-old student suffered minor burns after being scalded by her iPhone 5C. Jeff Rodman, Principal of Kennebunk Middle School in Maine, stated witnesses reported hearing a pop and smoke began emitting from the teen’s pants. The iPhone 5C had been in her back pocket when it began to explode."

and the 'advice' !!

"It is important consumers understand their circuitry and factors of heat when it comes to their phones. Placing cell phones in a pocket can build heat, especially in the warmer months. This can overheat the battery and lead to instances of the device catching fire"
03-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Jeff Rodman, Principal of Kennebunk Middle School in Maine, stated witnesses reported hearing a pop and smoke began emitting from the teen’s pants. The iPhone 5C had been in her back pocket when it began to explode." and the 'advice' !!

"It is important consumers understand their circuitry and factors of heat when it comes to their phones. Placing cell phones in a pocket can build heat, especially in the warmer months. This can overheat the battery and lead to instances of the device catching fire"
Sitting on your iPhone is not recommended.
03-01-2014, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #67
Pentaxian

Mine is up and running, thanks for the tip Parry.

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
refer to thread #43

It's not the product at issue, Untortenatley it is a netowrk product and as such needs you to understand how to configure a wireless network on a non congested channel.
Theres nothing the 'product' can do but provide you an easy setable channle selection.

on the subjext of Steve Jobs
"- With reports of 13 battery fires and one injury, the big-box retailer is recalling around 5100 replacement batteries for the Apple laptops"
"It appears the cases of the Apple iPhone’s catching fire and exploding have not ceased. Recently, a 13-year-old student suffered minor burns after being scalded by her iPhone 5C. Jeff Rodman, Principal of Kennebunk Middle School in Maine, stated witnesses reported hearing a pop and smoke began emitting from the teen’s pants. The iPhone 5C had been in her back pocket when it began to explode."

and the 'advice' !!

With all due respect, your rant is for naught. I needed to change one of the menu settings on the camera, not a network issue, not caused by 13 laptop battery fires, but interesting speculation. I guess the moral of the story is a one line tip from someone working on the problem is better than a two paragraph rant from someone who isn't.
03-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Mine is up and running, thanks for the tip Parry.

With all due respect, your rant is for naught. I needed to change one of the menu settings on the camera, not a network issue, not caused by 13 laptop battery fires, but interesting speculation. I guess the moral of the story is a one line tip from someone working on the problem is better than a two paragraph rant from someone who isn't.
----------------------------------------------

LoL

When I get around to it, I want the FLU working on the K-3 and handshaking nicely with my iPad Air. Hopefully before macro season gets here the first week of April.

Rite ...

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 09:08 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
It's working pretty well.

I just used it along with a 1st generation iPad using Safari and it does work very well. Actually it just gave our old iPad a new career

I tested the Android basic browser (from an Asus device) and it isn't working consistently. Used with a Chrome browser on the same platform it worked flawlessly.

I have been experiencing frequent disconnects for the first half hour. That is until I changed the default transmission channel on the device. It isn't the most robust connection I've ever seen. However as soon as I moved it to channel 11, it became stable and I was able to use it for an hour without being disconnected once.
---------------------------------------------

That's great news. Can you please tell me whether or not you can do close focus work (e.g., MACRO) using your iPad APP/FLU card/K-3 combo?

Rite ..

03-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
That's great news. Can you please tell me whether or not you can do close focus work (e.g., MACRO) using your iPad APP/FLU card/K-3 combo?
A cursory examination says "yes." Keep in mind that the live view shows the image at the largest aperture, so the true DOF won't show up until a shot has been taken. AFAIK, there's no stop-down preview available.

03-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #70
Veteran Member

This thing is SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Get your M42's out fellas because set up on a sturdy tripod using the flucard and focus peaking this has . . . on no wait . . . my LBA is back!

Oh no!

Tair-11A | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

03-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
A cursory examination says "yes." Keep in mind that the live view shows the image at the largest aperture, so the true DOF won't show up until a shot has been taken. AFAIK, there's no stop-down preview available.
------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for that.

In recap and for the iPad, I presume just going into settings -> Connections and the iPad will recognize and link with the Flu.. Is there an iPad APP, or does it just use Safari?

Rite ..
03-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for that.

In recap and for the iPad, I presume just going into settings -> Connections and the iPad will recognize and link with the Flu.. Is there an iPad APP, or does it just use Safari?

Rite ..
Uses Safari.
03-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #73
Veteran Member

I have a question, when you put the card in a card reader in a usb port for example the card periodically beeps. Same beep when the wifi card is activated in camera. Is there any way to turn off said beeping while not in use on the camera.
03-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I have a question, when you put the card in a card reader in a usb port for example the card periodically beeps. Same beep when the wifi card is activated in camera. Is there any way to turn off said beeping while not in use on the camera.
Go to the c3 menu and turn it off.
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Go to the c3 menu and turn it off.
Totally want a button configurable to turn on/off the wi-fi. Not the Raw/FX button, since I use that for SR... but maybe some physical shortcut?