Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2014, 04:54 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Too much K-3 (K3 + Coffee Review)

Hi

Sharing for people who are looking for a decent review of Pentax K-3.

For the enthusiasm of the reviewer, it definitely is not the Coffee or Redbull. It has to be K-3

Cheers!

02-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Love it. Your review for the Flucard will more than likely be my verdict if I'll purchase it or not.
02-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agree. Much prefer these "experience" reviews rather than a regurgitation of specs. This guy and the shop in Calgary put together the best reviews.

Jack
02-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #4

very informative and detailed review!
Love that ending(were you shooting JPEG or RAW in that burst mode?)

02-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
Forum Member

I would assume jpeg
02-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Hi

Sharing for people who are looking for a decent review of Pentax K-3.

For the enthusiasm of the reviewer, it definitely is not the Coffee or Redbull. It has to be K-3

Pentax K-3 Hands on Review - YouTube

Cheers!
Looking forward to your Pentax FLU review ..
02-26-2014, 03:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi

This review hasn't been done by me. I am sorry if anyways I gave that impression. Which I doubt.

I thought I should make that clear.

Cheers!

03-03-2014, 08:10 AM - 2 Likes   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by souless Quote
very informative and detailed review!
Love that ending(were you shooting JPEG or RAW in that burst mode?)
Hi Souless, my name is Spyros, I did the review video.

Alex is right, the end was shooting in jpeg at highest quality.

---------- Post added 03-03-14 at 09:11 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex Nostalgix Quote
Love it. Your review for the Flucard will more than likely be my verdict if I'll purchase it or not.
Hi Alex,

My name is Spyros, I did the video that Deedee posted here.

The FLUCARD review is up, you can see it here:
03-03-2014, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #9
Unregistered User

Great reviews!
03-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #10
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Boy that looks a little complicated. And looking at the transferrate it's about the same as with the Eye-Fi card I reviewed. So with around 0,7 MB/s you may drink some coffee before downloading RAW files.
03-03-2014, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

But your Eye-fi won't let you select where to focus by touching the tablet or smartphone screen... Enjoy your coffee ;-)
03-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Hi Spyros, just watched your review. I've had the K-3 for some three months now so I've got to know it well. For the most part we're 100% in sync on how the camera performs except for one thing which surprised me somewhat, the image stabilisation. I have actually found it to be surprisingly good, almost impossibly so actually. I've shot handheld at 1/10s @50mm standing on a moving ship, so I was a bit surprised about the results you got at 1/13s and wondering why that would be so.

I'm guessing you might have been shooting at close range, which would explain it as the stabiliser corrects for angular but not linear movement. Linear movement becomes very significant at close range but not at further distance. AFAIK there is only one brand that has a stabiliser that corrects for shake in that situation, Olympus, having 5 axis stabilisation.
03-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Boy that looks a little complicated. And looking at the transferrate it's about the same as with the Eye-Fi card I reviewed. So with around 0,7 MB/s you may drink some coffee before downloading RAW files.
True, it's not a super fast transfer rate, but I don't think it's any faster or slower than competing wifi cards, and you still get that manual camera control via the card.
03-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
Hi Spyros, just watched your review. I've had the K-3 for some three months now so I've got to know it well. For the most part we're 100% in sync on how the camera performs except for one thing which surprised me somewhat, the image stabilisation. I have actually found it to be surprisingly good, almost impossibly so actually. I've shot handheld at 1/10s @50mm standing on a moving ship, so I was a bit surprised about the results you got at 1/13s and wondering why that would be so.

I'm guessing you might have been shooting at close range, which would explain it as the stabiliser corrects for angular but not linear movement. Linear movement becomes very significant at close range but not at further distance. AFAIK there is only one brand that has a stabiliser that corrects for shake in that situation, Olympus, having 5 axis stabilisation.
Hi Lister6520,

Thanks for the input! You're right. I was shooting at close range. I'll give it a go shooting some subjects that are farther away.
03-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by selfhelpphoto Quote
Hi Souless, my name is Spyros, I did the review video.
Hey Spyros,

Excellent videos on the K-3, and particularly a helpful video on the FluCard. So many people have gotten them without any kind of instruction that it's very frustrating for early adopters. There's a manual out there now, but your video is much easier to "read."

BTW, I like your reviewing style and your energy. Reminds me of Blunty3000 from down under, but with a consistent T-shirt choice! Love the constant reminder of why we're here giving a toot about cameras in the first place...