Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
Yes, the lack of manual at the time was a bit . . . ya' know.

It would be handy if the thing can do MF and focus peaking. That way I can aim the lens up on a tripod without having to put pressure on what cartilage my knees have left.

---------- Post added 02-03-14 at 17:56 ----------

Yes Parry, it does MF and focus peaking you thick k£$%!

PS: Try it gang, it's really really good at MF and focus peaking.
Whoa it feels like I am intruding on a private conversation.
What are the voices saying now?

03-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Can you run Chrome, Safari or Firefox on the WinPhone instead of Explorer? The phone links, correct? So the issue is the browser interface?
I would try it if those browsers are avail on your phone as I find firefox runs it better then chrome on my samsung tablet
03-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have already tried and failed with a Windows 8 phone. It's only browser (Mobile Internet Explorer) is not yet a supported browser for the Flucard, and Microsoft have been awkward about letting other browser developers into the Windows 8 Phone coding, so Safari, Firefox and Chrome do not have windows phone versions.

I purchased an inexpensive Android tablet which can run Chrome and Firefox. Flucard works fine with either but Chrome seems faster and more responsive.

Roll on firmware updates, and new browsers for Windows phones.....!
03-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #19
Forum Member

some questions

Hi all

Just installed by Pentax Flu card.

Some little questions.

Is there anyway to stop to squeaky chirping it does on startup ? I know it is bring up the radio ... but surely it's not necessary ... you could be in a show or church ...

I do like it and am sure I will have fun ... but there are a couple of irritations. It is very slow when going from thumb nail to actual picture ... I'd assume this n based Wi-Fi ... so why so slow ?.. it's adhoc and iphone and camera next to each other.

When you have connected with a browser and played a little ... how on earth do you put the camera back in normal mode without turning it off and on ? You can disconnect Wi-Fi on the iPhone and close the app ... but the camera shows a message on the screen saying remote connection active ... All I could do is turn camera on and off.

Any ideas ?

Paul.

03-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #20
Unregistered User

In the cameras wrench menu you can turn on and off the flu...
03-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pgamble Quote
Hi all

Just installed by Pentax Flu card.

Some little questions.

Is there anyway to stop to squeaky chirping it does on startup ? I know it is bring up the radio ... but surely it's not necessary ... you could be in a show or church ...

I do like it and am sure I will have fun ... but there are a couple of irritations. It is very slow when going from thumb nail to actual picture ... I'd assume this n based Wi-Fi ... so why so slow ?.. it's adhoc and iphone and camera next to each other.

When you have connected with a browser and played a little ... how on earth do you put the camera back in normal mode without turning it off and on ? You can disconnect Wi-Fi on the iPhone and close the app ... but the camera shows a message on the screen saying remote connection active ... All I could do is turn camera on and off.

Any ideas ?

Paul.
Hit the LV button on the left side below the live view image. It takes it out of live view mode and you can interact with your camera.
07-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #22
Forum Member

Tried connecting, FluCard shows up on my phone, but connection goes in and out even with the phone right next to the camera. See the card on my computer, but nothing. Typing http://pentax takes me to the Pentax site. Typing http://192.168.1.1 takes me to a web search for that address. When I purchased this from B&H, I was only interested in the battery grip, I didn't really care about the FluCard, but I figured I would give it a try since I got it anyway. Since it bombed (don't really care), I am going to wait until B&H gives me my 4% promo and then I'll trade it in for a more useful lens.

07-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by markf Quote
Tried connecting, FluCard shows up on my phone, but connection goes in and out even with the phone right next to the camera. See the card on my computer, but nothing. Typing http://pentax takes me to the Pentax site. Typing http://192.168.1.1 takes me to a web search for that address. When I purchased this from B&H, I was only interested in the battery grip, I didn't really care about the FluCard, but I figured I would give it a try since I got it anyway. Since it bombed (don't really care), I am going to wait until B&H gives me my 4% promo and then I'll trade it in for a more useful lens.
Flucard

If app/icon will not open Flucard then go to settings and wifi and select Pentax. Then go back to app/icon

I also have to make a change in the camera but can't remember what that was. I'll look and see if I can find it. Without that change the phone would not show what the camera sees.

OK JUST FOUND WHAT WAS FRUSTRATEING ME. ON THE APP TURN ON THE LIVE VIEW, LV, TO THE LEFT UNDER THE SCREEN AREA. Then on the camera Go to LV settings and turned off composition adjust. Hope this helps. It is a cool and very useful add on to your K-3.

Last edited by dmoisuk; 07-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.
08-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Parry,

Thanks, that saved me from having to point out your rant. This isn't a criticism, it's recognition that I've been on the verge of publically pulling my hair out on several occasions. In fact when I've done exactly that I always like to be able to be the one that retracts the sentiment before others weigh in. Consequently I try very hard not to weigh in unless there's no alternative. I have a Window Phone 8.1 model that doesn't respond in any way to my flucard, other than to give me helpful information that this browser doesn't work with this 'very well'. So.... I now need to get an Apple or Android product to be a 'field photographer' (as I believe Ricoh think I am). I can sit in my office and link to my PC and google chrome all day long, but that isn't why I choose photography as a pastime.

I hope your newfound connectivity is fruitful
I know this threat is old, but i too just got a K3 with a Flucard, i just tried the Maxthon Browser for my Lumia 1020 running WP 8.1, I could connect to the camera (using the adrress http://192.168.1.1), activate the shutter, change the shutter speed, aperture, Iso. and other settings, I can view the JPGs, but i do not get Live View. So right now it can be used as a remote shutter with camera controls.

Last edited by mgbirder; 08-23-2015 at 10:44 AM.
08-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Make sure you uncheck composition adjust in the Live View menu.
08-24-2015, 05:37 AM   #26

Thanks, I also have a Android Tablet which works perfectly with the Flucard, but I wanted to try out some Windows Phone apps since the Lumia 1020 is the device I always carry with me. It seems that the Liveview is still not supported for Windows Phone.