Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
4) Change the end of the URL from ".JPG" to ".PEF" or ".DNG" (depending on what you're using in your K-3)
Can you specify also which card to use to download the file?

I normally save all .DNG files on card #1 and all the .JPG on card #2, and I think the FLU cards goes to slot #2.

03-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by demp10 Quote
Can you specify also which card to use to download the file?

I normally save all .DNG files on card #1 and all the .JPG on card #2, and I think the FLU cards goes to slot #2.
No, the OFC-1 does not give access to the other SD card.
03-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Leooel Quote
Yes, I second that. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...
*Chuckles*
03-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Ah, so it's all theoretical now. Got it...
What? I just gave you an actual number. It takes about 4 seconds to download a 15MB file.

03-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
Can't believe I waited 4 months for this crap. How disappointing.

Can't believe that I didn't fall for this crap.......

$139.99 for a 16gb card should really sound the alarms........
03-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Le Pew Quote
Can't believe that I didn't fall for this crap.......

$139.99 for a 16gb card should really sound the alarms........
Huh? It's $99.95 at Adorama
03-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You DO realize that this card runs at least 54mbps WiFi, right? And that these RAW files are only 35MB or less? That's a puny 5 seconds per file! How can you possibly leap to USB3 requirement? There's no logic whatsoever behind it. Even if it took 10 seconds for the RAW file to get to my assistant's laptop, that would still be acceptable.
I really am sorry for you that this device isn't satisfactory, but I'm still not sure (based on your statements above) I understand what the failure is, then.

Of course, I never expected the O-FC1 to serve as a transfer channel portal. I always imagined it was intended ONLY to control the camera from an iOS (and later Android) device in place of a flippy rear LCD. I do not recall ever reading anything to the contrary from Pentax - but then again I am decidedly an amateur.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-08-2014 at 12:45 PM.
03-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Huh? It's $99.95 at Adorama

$139.99 Canadian.....
03-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
...but then again I am decidely an amateur.
oh, that explains it then. My sincerest apologies.

---------- Post added 03-07-14 at 05:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Le Pew Quote
$139.99 Canadian.....
I remember what it was like to get ripped off like that when I lived in Quebec...
03-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #55

The product page on the Ricoh site lists the features as remote capture (tethering) and no mention of file transfers.

The setup guide mentions images can be imported from the viewer into the communications device.

The user guide says only JPEGs will show as thumbnails and in the image viewer while all others will show as icons. No mention is made of how to import these other formats into the communications device.

Remember features and specifications are subject to change from the time a product is announced and when it is actually put into production. Support of the StarTracer has not been implemented on one body even though the early literature said it would support it.

I would expect a firmware update to the FluCard is not long in the making and will address many of the shortcomings.
03-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #56

You DO realize that this card runs at least 54mbps WiFi, right? And that these RAW files are only 35MB or less? That's a puny 5 seconds per file! How can you possibly leap to USB3 requirement? There's no logic whatsoever behind it. Even if it took 10 seconds for the RAW file to get to my assistant's laptop, that would still be acceptable.
54Mbit/s is a maximum physical layer bit rate of IEEE802.11g standard that the radio of the card is compliant to. You should not expect this speed to the file transfer function of the card. The antenna on PCB and the metal parts of the camera body affect the radio performance.
03-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-3-lover Quote
54Mbit/s is a maximum physical layer bit rate of IEEE802.11g standard that the radio of the card is compliant to. You should not expect this speed to the file transfer function of the card. The antenna on PCB and the metal parts of the camera body affect the radio performance.
oh Jeebus, here come the hair-splitters...
03-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #58

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not bad if your using it for macro works well

http://aalegre.smugmug.com/photos/i-DN6D88g/0/X3/i-DN6D88g-X3.jpg
03-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #59
Unregistered User

oh Jeebus, here come the hair-splitters...
At 10 feet I would guess that we have around 35-40 Mbps to play with, shared with the live view and control.
03-08-2014, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #60
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Originally posted by awaldram Quote
Its strange to me that a device functionality is suddenly a toy if we lose connection to the internet?

Seems to me no 'Pro' would be stupid enough to try and transfer raw files over WiFi so they can 'work' on them
You are completely incorrect. And I take offense at being called stupid. However I won't retaliate by also calling you insulting names. I'll just tell you about how deeply wrong and uninformed you are.
You assume I thnk your a 'Pro' ? .....You assume to much.
I'm sorry you take offense but I was not refeing to you at all.

I pro would not use this product in the way you infer nor would they consider its use.
@ 30-40 sec per RAW + process time you woudl not be getting any imediate sales but alienating you clientell.

I'm curious if you consider yourself a 'Pro' then what percentage of you income is Photography delivering, are you a member of any 'Proffessional bodies and which ones (BiPP etc).?

Your complaints are not justified and only show you did not read the spec sheet before buying, That is not Ricoh's concern.
As others have pointed out if Nikon fiills your requirments then as a 'pro' who generates the bulk of you livley hood from your phogrpahy then thats what you should be shooting rather than ranting here not devloping any income.