Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #76
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What is it about Pentax marketing in the west that they can't seem to shape expectations, merge them with opportunity, price them for profit and timely deliver a supply of the product to a group of satisfied customers?

I swear to heaven, I'm just a C+ guy (you know, A, B, C, D, F - I'm about average) from St. Louis and I think I could actuially do a better job. I really mean that. I think I actually could do a better job.
You're hired!!! Oh yeah, I forgot, I am not employed by Ricoh nor am I of any authority really anywhere

Steve

03-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #77

This may have been answered already but is it possible to do long exposure HDR with the FluCard? I'm guessing not if there are no bracketing options but if bracketing options are introduced i'd want the option to do custom brackets, Triggertrap delivers this functionality (Triggertrap | Creative ways of triggering your camera)

Cheers

Alex
03-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sharepointalex Quote
This may have been answered already but is it possible to do long exposure HDR with the FluCard? I'm guessing not if there are no bracketing options but if bracketing options are introduced i'd want the option to do custom brackets, Triggertrap delivers this functionality (Triggertrap | Creative ways of triggering your camera)
nope.
03-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #79

I wish Flucard will have both Wi-Fi and BLE (Bluetooth Low Enegy), so that we may remote control the camera from smart phone or smart watch.

03-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
The zooming function is arbitrarily disabled on the web page that the server displays. In Chrome, I can go into the Accessibilities section of the settings and enable "Allow zooming even for pages that disable it", which allowed me to zoom into pictures as deep as I wanted. I don't know if the Safari browser has an equivalent setting.
Thanks for sharing this trick.

Unfortunately, this arbitrary limitation underlines the half-baked nature of this product.

If anyone manages to create a setup where they press the shutter release button and a high resolution file appears in a designated folder on a PC (that I could then "watch" with Lightroom) without requiring any further action on behalf of the user, please let me know.
03-26-2014, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #81
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Thanks for sharing this trick.

Unfortunately, this arbitrary limitation underlines the half-baked nature of this product.

If anyone manages to create a setup where they press the shutter release button and a high resolution file appears in a designated folder on a PC (that I could then "watch" with Lightroom) without requiring any further action on behalf of the user, please let me know.
If you are ok with JPG or DNG then this does it; FluCardŽ Pro Instant WIFI. It sucks it into your computer as you shoot.
03-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed too. I'm hoping it gets better. I didn't have many specific hopes for it, but did assume image transfer would be part of the feature set. Stuff like having to resize the browser window on a laptop to trick it into displaying the controls is pretty kludgy.

03-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
If you are ok with JPG or DNG then this does it; FluCardŽ Pro Instant WIFI. It sucks it into your computer as you shoot.
That's an app. When I had the OFC-1, none of the official Trek flucard apps recognized it as an actual flucard, therefore it did not work.
03-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #84
Pentaxian

Does this work with the Pentax OFC-1?

Does it run on a PC?
It looks like an app on the screenshots.

I would have downloaded it to check, but it seems you have to register first to get it.
03-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #85
Veteran Member

the app is available in the Google play store and the Apple app store. But as I mentioned above, it does not recognize the OFC-1 as a flucard, so it doesn't work.

I wish people would stop referring to this as a flucard. I know that's what it says on the card, but it's actually not compatible with any flu apps at all. It's Pentax's proprietary implementation of the flu standard. It doesn't actually do any of the stuff that a real flucard does. It's a proprietary wireless remote control for the K-3, which can also perform some mediocre previewing and downloading.

And to all you people jumping down my throat for daring to have "unfair expectations"... THEY CALLED IT A FLUCARD!!! How was it unfair for me to expect their FLUCARD to have FLUCARD functionality?!?!?

Last edited by GoremanX; 03-26-2014 at 03:02 PM.
03-26-2014, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #86
Unregistered User

That's an app. When I had the OFC-1, none of the official Trek flucard apps recognized it as an actual flucard, therefore it did not work.
You can download and install it on a computer. I run it on my laptop with Windows 7. The app for android does not work for me.

---------- Post added 03-26-14 at 11:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Does this work with the Pentax OFC-1?

Does it run on a PC?
It looks like an app on the screenshots.

I would have downloaded it to check, but it seems you have to register first to get it.
Yes. Just register and download link will be mailed to you. You make a purchase for zero USD.

I downloaded FluCardŽ Pro Download, FluCardŽ Pro Shoot & View and FluCardŽ Pro Instant WIFI and they all work on my laptop with Windows 7 at the cost of nothing.

Go to :::: Flucard pro :::: and scroll down to the Windows or Mac versions. Add to Cart and check out...

---------- Post added 03-26-14 at 11:59 PM ----------

the app is available in the Google play store and the Apple app store. But as I mentioned above, it does not recognize the OFC-1 as a flucard, so it doesn't work.

I wish people would stop referring to this as a flucard. I know that's what it says on the card, but it's actually not compatible with any flu apps at all. It's Pentax's proprietary implementation of the flu standard. It doesn't actually do any of the stuff that a real flucard does. It's a proprietary wireless remote control for the K-3, which can also perform some mediocre previewing and downloading.

And to all you people jumping down my throat for daring to have "unfair expectations"... THEY CALLED IT A FLUCARD!!! How was it unfair for me to expect their FLUCARD to have FLUCARD functionality?!?!?
On android I could not get it to work but on the computer it works perfectly.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 03-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.
03-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #87
Veteran Member

On android I could not get it to work but on the computer it works perfectly.
Now THAT would be interesting. Almost enough to make me want to get one again and try it... almost.
04-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm. I headed over to this thread hoping for some good knowledge on making the purchase or not, but I see messages about all sorts of things, from an irrelevant USB3, to wifi being a bad protocol, to the product being half baked. I wish I had found better information in the posts... I'm even less clear if I should buy the flu or not.
04-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #89
Pentaxian

I've had mine, played with it, it's in the camera, I never use it. It does make a nice back up card , but, it beeps when you turn on the camera. I may give it another go at some point, but right now, I'm not using it.
04-19-2014, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #90
Unregistered User

It is REALLY useful. Most of the time it is turned off but I have used it to shoot some really fun pics with the camera on it's back pointing up with the 10-17. "Impossible" without it. Also I have made some shots with the camera on my monopod rissen high up with some help from my friend. The beep that comes when turning on the camera with the card turned off is much less audible than the "in focus" beep so I consider that a "non issue". The card is slow at writing so it is not a good "second" card in the camera. I have only filled my SD1 once and it was a big difference in writing time when it switched to SD2. Buy one and have some fun. Only your imagination stops the creativity the card can bring. What I miss is the possibility to use the self timer. That would make a huge difference in useability.