Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

SD card sticking

Hi all

Not a major issue, although given someone ended up breaking their camera getting one out I thought I'd raise it.

How many people find that to remove one or both of their cards, the have to wiggle it up and down a bit ?

I had 2 32GB cards and didn't plan to remove regularly. I had noted that cards in both slots pop out 1/3 way when pressed but then tend to stick a varying amount requiring a varying amount of gentle wobbling up and down (across their width rather than front to back). It's almost like they are caught on a notch (there is one on either side - one of which has the lock slider).

It's just jumped to my attention as I swapped the 32GB card in slot 2 with my Pentax Flu card.

They always free up and force is never the answer ... but it is frustrating.

Paul.

03-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Used to be difficult to remove the SD card from my k-5 but on the k-3 I've had no issue, just pops out. I'm using Sandisk ExtremePro
03-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
rfg

Never had a problem, they just pop out easily from both slots. Sandisk ultra and extreme pro, Kingston and PNY cards used.
03-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #4

I have the same problem with my K-3. Reminded today doing the firmware update. It seems some cards are thicker than others perhaps, or there are variances in the SD case moulding. It frequently feels like the card is stuck in the SD slot, or catching on something. Maybe the SD receptacle in the camera has very close tolerances. Anyway I sure don't yank the cards out and have been using a USB cable for transfer, most of the time.

03-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have this problem on a Q7, but that's probably more that the inside of the door is close to the card, so my fingertip doesn't fit behind the card to pull it out.