Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
DPR reviews O-FC1 FluCard but not K-3

HAHAHA!

Well DPR has reviewed the O-FC1 Pentax FluCard for the K-3 but still hasn't published it's review of the K-3. For all those out there in the market for a DSLR, they might not know whether or not to buy a K-3 but they'll sure know whether they should buy a FluCard! Ridiculous
Pentax O-FC1 FluCard: The wireless details: Digital Photography Review

03-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Priorities. K-3 review is WIP.
03-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Priorities. K-3 review is WIP.
It's been a work in progress for months. They've made that clear. I get that every other brand has priority over Pentax to get reviewed, but it's hard to imagine the FluCard being a priority over the K-3 itself.
03-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
It's been a work in progress for months. They've made that clear. I get that every other brand has priority over Pentax to get reviewed, but it's hard to imagine the FluCard being a priority over the K-3 itself.
They are not a "not for profit" business. The more clicks they get, the more money they get...and the Pentax population is very small and doesnt "move the needle" as they say.

03-07-2014, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
They are not a "not for profit" business. The more clicks they get, the more money they get...and the Pentax population is very small and doesnt "move the needle" as they say.
In their case causing angry Pentax people to read/post/reply about the lack of Pentax reviews may actually be more productive than doing the review and making everyone happy.
03-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
They are not a "not for profit" business. The more clicks they get, the more money they get
Wouldn't that actually generate profits?
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

The FluCard review is/was not a "priority" over the K-3 review, I just got it done earlier than the K-3 review. Also, the FluCard is an accessory, and much easier to review than a DSLR.

What's up there is essentially a one page review (like most accessories) split into two parts, with an "X stars out of 5" rating at the end. I gave it 5 stars because it's a really big step for Pentax as far as capabilities, and costs far less than the wireless remote control solutions for many other DSLR brands.
03-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
The FluCard review is/was not a "priority" over the K-3 review, I just got it done earlier than the K-3 review. Also, the FluCard is an accessory, and much easier to review than a DSLR. What's up there is essentially a one page review (like most accessories) split into two parts, with an "X stars out of 5" rating at the end. I gave it 5 stars because it's a really big step for Pentax as far as capabilities, and costs far less than the wireless remote control solutions for many other DSLR brands.
Wow, I didn't know you worked for DPR.
I understand the series in which things are playing out, i.e. card then camera based on review ease, but it just seems kind of odd at first glance. The camera has been available for 5 months and still no review. The card is just now made available to the public, and there is already a review before most people have a chance to even purchase it. DPR is one of the first to review the card and one of the last to review the camera. Both odd and frustrating to the Pentax community (as I'm sure you know).

Last edited by geomez; 03-07-2014 at 04:46 PM.
03-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Wow, I didn't know you worked for DPR.
Hey, someone has to get accessories reviewed! If it happens to be Pentax-specific, I'm the guy with a natural advantage. Look for my tripod reviews in the coming weeks/ months... that is some exciting stuff!
03-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #10
Site Supporter

hey, someone has to get accessories reviewed! If it happens to be pentax-specific, i'm the guy with a natural advantage. Look for my tripod reviews in the coming weeks/ months... That is some exciting stuff!
HERETIC! Burn him with an overheating flu card!

03-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Well any Pentax related publicity is good in my book.
Nice review BTW panoguy! It certainly adds to the K-3 attraction for me (damit - K-5 is still a great camera and I'm trying hard to resist the K-3 for as long as possible!).

There are plenty of K-3 reviews to be read elsewhere now but clearly DPR are pretty late to the party on it.
03-07-2014, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
There are plenty of K-3 reviews to be read elsewhere now but clearly DPR are pretty late to the party on it.
No longer "fashionably late" or even "coming in the door when things heat up," but basically that guy who shows up at 2AM and asks "where's all the beer?" (Then passes out on the couch!)

Again, not my doing... if I was driving to the party, we'd arrive early, eat all the chips, hit on the hostess, then greet each newcomer with a loud "finally you show up!"
(Then pass out on the couch!)
03-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #13
Pentaxian

No longer "fashionably late" or even "coming in the door when things heat up," but basically that guy who shows up at 2AM and asks "where's all the beer?" (Then passes out on the couch!)

Again, not my doing... if I was driving to the party, we'd arrive early, eat all the chips, hit on the hostess, then greet each newcomer with a loud "finally you show up!"
(Then pass out on the couch!)
SO, then, passing out on the couch is the important part?
03-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
SO, then, passing out on the couch is the important part?
For me it is... I'm a couch-passing-out Pro!
I recently passed out on a couch while talking to someone who was in a chair across from me (he doesn't have kids, and I do, and it was midnight)... he later said he thought it odd that my eyes kept closing and I'd pause for a long time, then suddenly snap out of it and continue my sentence. Good thing he is a great and longtime friend!