Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FLUCARD power

Could somebody please confirm this: I had the K-3 with the grip on the tripod last night. Decided to pop the body battery out and just leave the grip on for power. Put the FLUCARD in and tried to turn it on via the menu. Only thing is that the menu item was greyed out. Changed battery select to grip first but no change. Put the body battery back in and the menu item came back. So either I have bum power circuitry in my camera or this is working as designed. Can't see why power would not be routed from the grip. Would be nice to know if I have to exchange the camera.

Jack

03-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That's an interesting find. Pretty specific application, but I wonder if you've uncovered a bug.
03-09-2014, 11:59 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
That's an interesting find. Pretty specific application, but I wonder if you've uncovered a bug.
03-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #4

EPIC

03-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ive found that the Flucard on/off option remains greyed out if it is left 'ON' at the previous power down. During the beeping cycle it is still greyed out until it has set up the connection. I'm not saying this is what is happening in your case, but did you wait long enough for the connection to establish before concluding there was a grip battery power feed issue?
03-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The wireless menu item was greyed out so there was no way to get to the submenu to turn on the card.
03-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
Pentaxian

It takes 25 seconds for the card to initialize and the submenu to become available. Mine turned on as soon as I put it in; it seems to default to on. When you insert it, turn the body on, you should hear some soft beeps as it goes through it's startup.

Make sure it is in slot 2, the one closest to the back of the body.

03-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Derek. Yes, I realize how it is supposed to work but last night it did not with only the battery in the grip. But I just tried to replicate it now and it was fine. I will watch to see if this is an intermittent fault.

Jack