Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
I do not understand...

Given what you said... What makes you think you have a delimma? If the K200 was above your skill/enthusiasm set, then... What is it about this 'new' proposal that makes for a better fit?

Just curious... M

The K200 was not above my skill set. Back when I picked up the k200 my work and personal situation was changing dramatically and the idea of the camera was to be a distraction from the stress, it didnt work. So I sold off the kd200 as the cash was more useful at the time rather than the camera sitting around gathering dust.. We are talking 2009, five years ago..

Since developing or recognizing my interest in photography ive spent the last 4-5 months shooting and learning and practicing ever technique i can find out about, from long exposures, focus stacking, HDR, photoshop , LR, composition, flash techniques...etc. All in an effort to find my style and the technique that work best for my creative eye. Im out shooting most days be it 2-3 shots to 500shots..

The technical stuff surrounding exposures, ISO,shutter...etc I find very easy to understand being in the computer/programming industry for 20+ years... I guess this is part of whats driving the FF niggle as even though its not needed ive always had the tendency to go for top of the line equipment (within my budget constraints)... Whilst part of my says I dont need a FF camera and that crop sensor is just as good, the other half of me says FF must be better i.e. bigger sensor = more light, more quality fast lenses...etc . Completely irrational but its a daily battle not just with photography Im also an impatient beast.. I want everything now which another reason I get the urge to jump to another brand....

I wasnt aware of the Sigma 4.5 500mm.. I think ill try the TC1.4 and Pentax f4 300mm and see how it goes... If pentax do release a FF ill just end up with 2 cameras and maybe an extra set of lenses... The k3 is just too good to pass up... I need to have some faith and patience - another one know where I can buy some from

03-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by atomx Quote
I guess this is part of whats driving the FF niggle as even though its not needed ive always had the tendency to go for top of the line equipment (within my budget constraints)... Whilst part of my says I dont need a FF camera and that crop sensor is just as good, the other half of me says FF must be better i.e. bigger sensor = more light, more quality fast lenses...etc . Completely irrational but its a daily battle not just with photography Im also an impatient beast.. I want everything now which another reason I get the urge to jump to another brand....
That's normal. I combat it by being a Troll. Others pretend to hold out for the Pentax FF.
If you have a gold nugget in your pocket, I recommend the Nikon D800.
Besides a K-3 and a K-50, I have two Nikons and a Canon, but they're all APS-C. As an experiment in larger "data-patch", I bought a 645 film camera and lens for $200. Scanning comes with developing. Prints are extra.

Maybe because I can run a $2 roll of film through a $25 camera and get it developed for $8, I can't see paying $3000 for a digital simulation of it? Maybe $1000, three times, on three cameras (lenses don't count), but they're not pretending to be a 35mm camera.

Clearly, I have my own issues.
Back to my Troll Cave...