Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #1

k3 and flash management S.O.S.

Hello everyone , I wanted to submit a question to those who use the K3 with the flashe sync on slow
Let me explain:
I often have to take pictures set in low-light conditions , in order to preserve the color of the background I shot with the K5 setting your camera to P , from 80 to 3200 ISO automatic flash sync on slow flash of light and underexposure of 2 EV and the results were satisfactory .
I tried to do the same thing on the K3 but I was confronted with a problem, just flash it loads the settings change, let me explain better , I get to the box on the display of the message AUTO ISO but .... I reset the camera a low sensitivity and therefore in practice the environment I get dark and the subject in the foreground most of the time comes out strongly overexposed , just turn off the flash settings return to normal : (
I did a lot of tests in a controlled environment in terms of light and always does so in the same environment the K5 instead works perfectly.
I also tried changing the flash, to use the integrated one, nothing to do does not change the result .
Even not using the mode ' program does the same, the only way that I have to force the thing is to set the ISO manually.
I updated the firmware of both camera flash that I use the most, a metz 58 f2 but nothing to do.
Of course I also changed optics in my tests , I am desperate : cryyy :
I do not know what to think , so before sending the camera in for service I thought it appropriate to ask how many of you use the same camera , in order to figure out if that's how it should work or if my actually has some problem.
I thank all of the aid that you will give me , and I apologize for my bad English

03-16-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
I hope I have understood your question correctly.

On the K-3, in Program mode, you set Auto ISO by:
1) Press ISO button on top of the camera
2) Press the Green Button on the back of the camera
3) Press the OK button.
In Menu 2, Item 2, you can set the Auto ISO sensitivity. This is how fast the ISO changes from 100 to 3200.
Turning the flash on or off should not change the Auto ISO setting or Auto ISO sensitivity setting.