Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2014, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
I just wish they could make it work the other way round, that is the Flu card would be just another client on an existing WiFi network rather than act as an access point - just like Wifi Webcams and any number of other devices, including tablets, PCs and the lot.

There could be some drawbacks but it would be much more flexible. You could for instance access the internet (or your home network or whatever) and the flu card at the same time rather than having to switch between connections. For use where there is no existing Wifi one would simply set up the phone/tablet/laptop as being the access point and the camera as the client. All current smartphones that I know of can do that and also of course laptops.
If multiple Flucard are connected to the network as Wi-Fi Station mode, you may open up multiple browser windows at your PC to see the live views of multiple K3 cameras. I'm not sure if it is a useful application.

03-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
I had to "Disable automatic network switch" on the Galaxy Note 3. After that no issues.

---------- Post added 19-03-14 at 06:36 ----------

Also disable composition correction in live view otherwise you'll not see the live view image on your remote device.
Hi,

had the same issue like agchang....

QuoteOriginally posted by agchang Quote
I haven't been to get things to work fully. I am able to connect with my iPhone 5 which has IOS 7.1, the latest version. I am not able to see what my camera sees, in remote camera or liveview mode. However, I am able to see the images taken. I am getting an error that evidently is related to see what my camera sees. Sorry that I don't have the error message since I don't have my K-3 with me. I have only tried with one of my K-3's and need to try the other. However, I don't believe that it is the camera, but something with Safari on my iPhone. Anyone else have similar problem with an iPhone 5 with IOS 7.1? I have tried different channels.
...and deactivating the "live view composition" fixed this issue

Thanks a lot Parry!!!
04-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Even if you understand the networking side, I have still found the flucard a bit of mixed blessing so far.

Tends to work ok for a bit but then disconnects from the iphone / ipad (probably related to iOS, power saving philosophy or something). Keep needing to reboot card and camera and fiddle about to get it to reconnect. I quite like it when it works but it seems a bit fiddly so far.

Ability to download DNGs without work-arounds (as well as multiple files) would really be appreciated. I wonder if there will be any firmware updates?

A fun toy for sure and great for selfies. But not a polished performer for so far for me. YMMV
04-08-2014, 06:47 AM   #19
jlh

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Twino4u Quote
Hi,

had the same issue like agchang....

...and deactivating the "live view composition" fixed this issue

Thanks a lot Parry!!!
I am also not getting a "live view" on iPhone. It will take a picture then promptly disconnect. I could not find where to deactivate "live view composition"

04-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The problem with managing connections to competing wireless networks is due to limitations with the connecting device (phone, tablet, or computer) not the SD wireless card. Unless your phone, tablet, or computer has multiple wireless radios, this is simply one of the rules of life.

Steve
Actually most OS's (especially MS derived ones) do not support multiple Wifi stacks and routing between them with anything resembling consistency, I think the attention to ad-hoc is very weak.

I was very surprised when replicating my Linux setup dual wifi ad-hoc -> structured routing on Win7 and it just wouldn;t work pakets going out of wrong Nic and all sorts of mess you can;t blame SD wifi.
The same SD wifi setup on a resilient TCP/ip stack operates without issue..
04-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #21
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Boy I just picked up the flu card and won't get to try it until this evening but reading some of these posts, I hope I didn't just waste $100.00.
04-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #22
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Edchristenson Quote
Boy I just picked up the flu card and won't get to try it until this evening but reading some of these posts, I hope I didn't just waste $100.00.
Read some of the other threads regarding the O-FC1 to get more input. Mine works just fine.

04-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is VERY handy, and in some respects works better than expected - less lag, and more control over parameters than I was expecting here. I used mine more than I expected already.

But it does has it's fiddly moments - perhaps due more to iOS than anything else. FWIW it seems worse in situations where there are a lot of WiFi networks about (like at home).

Would love to see (direct) .DNG download, and the ability to switch off the startup buzzer. I wonder if we can expect further development?