Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Since my post on 7/20, I need to remove my K-3 from this "no problem" category. Now with firmware 1.10 in for 5 days, today I got the mirror flutter problem for the first time. I'd hoped my camera wasn't part of the problem, so it's disappointing. I was just standing on the corner shooting city equipment chip-sealing the street. Manual focus "A" lens, otherwise pretty tame setup, program mode. Pulled the battery, and it was ok after powering back up, photos before and after look ok.

Doug

10-13-2014, 02:21 AM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Little Ray Quote
Hello All,

After discussion with one forum member, the conclusion presented itself that perhaps it might be helpful for all K3 owners who do not have any issues to report their non-issue and include serial number, batteries (Pentax and third party), grip if owned, SD card info, lenses. It might be a bit much for people who are not having the issue to participate; but if everyone does, then this,along with information gathered by DRabbit, might help give some sense of how expansive the problem may or may not be. If you would like to participate then please respond just once.

Best,

Little Ray
Hi,
I've had mirror flap 3 times, only removing the battery stops it. K-3 s/n 4839812 with Sigma DC 17-70mm 1:2.8-4 Macro HSM s/n 11816078, Can't remember any settings but normal conditions, probable P mode with original Pentax battery. Recently on start-up, the mirror jumps but settles down ok.