Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
Forum Member

I wish the K-3...

There's a button to switch between SD cards while viewing images, why couldn't it also switch which card the images are written to?

I love everything else about the K-3.

What's number one on your "I wish the K-3..." list?

03-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wish the K-3 gave me the option to limit the maximum and minimum shutter speeds used when shutter speed is on auto (in P, Av, Sv, modes). If I can choose Auto ISO parameters, why not Auto shutter speed?
03-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chimpwithagun Quote
There's a button to switch between SD cards while viewing images, why couldn't it also switch which card the images are written to?
I switch off, remove the card I don't want it to write to, then switch on again. This appears to make it remember to use the other card next time, even if I put the removed card back in.
03-19-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah I'm not sure why they left out this setting. Seems like something that would be trivial to add via firmware.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-19-2014, 05:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yeah I'm not sure why they left out this setting. Seems like something that would be trivial to add via firmware.
QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I switch off, remove the card I don't want it to write to, then switch on again. This appears to make it remember to use the other card next time, even if I put the removed card back in.

It quite easy to switch cards via the menues, simpler than playing on-off I'd say. The only simpler way that I see to do this would be to add a setting in the INFO menu, and there's not much real estate there as it is
03-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I wish the K3 would have the size of the Q (7) --> would fit in every pocket and always with me..... :-)
03-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #7
Yos
Veteran Member

I wish I had a K-3.....

03-21-2014, 06:40 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yos Quote
I wish I had a K-3.....
Lol don't we all...

JJ
03-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #9

finer sensor shift

I haven't bought it... yet but I am very curious about the sensor shift feature. Looking into specs, I can find that the smallest shift is 16 pixels (0.0625/(23.5/6016)). That is probably accurate for images stitching. However, if the number of pixels was odd (and assuming RGGB square colour filter), then it would be possible to manually do what Hasselblad H4D-200ms does, that is a true colour image when shooting still objects. If it was done automatically that would be fantastic, but a manual possibility would also do, for starters.

As for the accuracy of the shift itself, I deduce it is good enough because if the camera is supposed to be able to track the stars based on a GPS data, it is able to manage subpixel sensor shifts. I don't know how much sense would it be for such a dense sensor to play with such little shifts, if there would be any noticeable gain, but I would love to try it out. And that would probably help mitigating moire effect much better than just shaking the sensor and so blurring the image. And if I am not mistaken in the aforementioned assumptions, everything seams to be on place but a corresponding option in the camera menu.

As for the sensor shift itself, having 384 pixel long shifts each way available, good lens and still object, it makes K-3 a 32 MPx camera - quite a "perk", I'll say.
04-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
2 things I wish K-3 would have (both are firmware improvements):
1) add AA simulator on/off to Raw/Fx button - perhaps as: configure it under button's custom function (or whatever it was called), then, during shooting: hold down Raw/FX and with the rear wheel select the AA mode: off/on1/on2. I know that I can bracket the AA, but that's not exactly the same.

2) make "instant zoom to 100%" centered to the focus point, that was used.
04-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote

2) make "instant zoom to 100%" centered to the focus point, that was used.
I second that.
04-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #12
rfg

QuoteOriginally posted by chimpwithagun Quote
"I wish the K-3..."
Had a better user manual. Comprehensive like its predecessors!
04-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...had the 51 point AF from the N...n.
04-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #14

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rfg Quote
Had a better user manual. Comprehensive like its predecessors!
Finally somebody who agrees!
04-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wish the K-3 would "remember" which mode I was in when I last selected either Aperture or Speed when in P mode. As is, it stays "in mode" until the camera shuts off, then it goes back to plain old "P" mode.

M