Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member
awaldram's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 720
QuoteOriginally posted by jup Quote
It's the card that is broken. Chrome for Android does use almost zero resources for background tabs. Google did hell of a job with it - it won't sweat at all with 70+ tabs. Unlike any desktop browser (Chrome included). But that's not the issue here, so could we please get back to the topic of the card instead of Chrome?

I am not silly. I did try connecting from my tablet and just for the heck of it also from ipod with Safari. The page is still the same.
Actually I'd suspect your multi tabbed browser failed to send language data to the card and it defaulted (because you already had a session open in the tabs)

I managed to do the same when running multiple browsers across many devices to the card but didn't get the card locked in Asian.

Try going into setting and change language back to English.

03-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #17
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 786
It seems like maybe the card wasn't able to restore to original state, which it is supposed to, after formatting? Why not get it exchanged considering that you have had it for such short amount of time. It is probably just defective.
03-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #18
Veteran Member
awaldram's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 720
QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
It seems like maybe the card wasn't able to restore to original state, which it is supposed to, after formatting? Why not get it exchanged considering that you have had it for such short amount of time. It is probably just defective.
No the card doesn't work like that

Think of it as two cards
1 an SD card that has 16Gb of Class10 storage
2 a mini computer that has settings

The mini Computer makes 'best guess' at language based on what the browser tell it ( at least at first initialisation.)

The default language is asian so if nothing tell it otherwise it will show Asian menus.

So IMO the card is not broken simply miss-configured , It may have got in that state by Buggy frinmware and mutlple sessions being thrown at it but I don;t think is broken just needs language changing to English.

If it was my card I'd follow the following sequence

1 clear down all tabs
2 clear browser cache
3 enable network attach to flu
4 check language when access http:/pentax
5 got into setting change to English
6 check again (refresh broswer from URl icon.

Only then woudl a consider any return etc.
03-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 5,002
QuoteOriginally posted by jup Quote
It's the card that is broken. Chrome for Android does use almost zero resources for background tabs. Google did hell of a job with it - it won't sweat at all with 70+ tabs. Unlike any desktop browser (Chrome included). But that's not the issue here, so could we please get back to the topic of the card instead of Chrome?
We are trying to isolate the problem, and part of that diagnostic process is to make things as simple as possible, and if you've got multiple sessions open to the card on your browser or other things going on with your phone (which is after all half the system here) then that very well could be the problem so to eliminate all those variables you need to...well, eliminate those variables -- close all your tabs, in fact close everything on your phone and then reboot it, restart with a single session and go from there.

These are obvious steps. Yes, the problem may well be elsewhere and they may turn out to be unnecessary, but until you locate the problem you don't know so the way to proceed is to make it as simple as possible. To jump to the conclusion that the card is just broken when you haven't bothered to isolate the problem in a sensible way is not warranted.

03-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #20
jup
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 98
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
We are trying to isolate the problem, and part of that diagnostic process is to make things as simple as possible, and if you've got multiple sessions open to the card on your browser or other things going on with your phone (which is after all half the system here) then that very well could be the problem so to eliminate all those variables you need to...well, eliminate those variables -- close all your tabs, in fact close everything on your phone and then reboot it, restart with a single session and go from there.

These are obvious steps. Yes, the problem may well be elsewhere and they may turn out to be unnecessary, but until you locate the problem you don't know so the way to proceed is to make it as simple as possible. To jump to the conclusion that the card is just broken when you haven't bothered to isolate the problem in a sensible way is not warranted.
As I said, I tried different browsers - Safari too, which haven't connected before this problem started at all, so it's no just caching issue. I also tried clearing caches. If it was language problem, the card would still function, just in Japanese. But it doesn't, I cannot get inside of the any of the menus, it just displays the message I've posted before. I tried switching language of the camera back and forth, that was one of the first things I tried, but again - no effect on card.

Basically, unless someone knows how to totally reset the card into factory defaults (other then formatting), then I don't think there's much hope.
03-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #21
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,342
I assume the tethering functions are locked away on a protected partition on the Flu and safe from being wiped by a card format. I was locked out of my Flu for a while after I got it but it started working after a bit. I did format thr card but I can't be sure that is what fixed it. You could try putting it into SD1 and play with it there then put it back in SD2, do a format and see if it comes back to life.
03-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #22
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 786
QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
No the card doesn't work like that

Think of it as two cards
1 an SD card that has 16Gb of Class10 storage
2 a mini computer that has settings

The mini Computer makes 'best guess' at language based on what the browser tell it ( at least at first initialisation.)

The default language is asian so if nothing tell it otherwise it will show Asian menus.

So IMO the card is not broken simply miss-configured , It may have got in that state by Buggy frinmware and mutlple sessions being thrown at it but I don;t think is broken just needs language changing to English.

If it was my card I'd follow the following sequence

1 clear down all tabs
2 clear browser cache
3 enable network attach to flu
4 check language when access http:/pentax
5 got into setting change to English
6 check again (refresh broswer from URl icon.

Only then woudl a consider any return etc.
:::: Flucard pro ::::

Question:I formatted my FLUCARDŽ PRO with my camera and restarted my camera subsequently. The control images were not restored. Why?

Answer:After formatting FLUCARDŽ PRO, FLUCARDŽ PRO will restore the control images, during which a beeping tone will be played. Please restart the camera only after the beeping tone has ended (around 30 seconds).

I doubt the Pentax Flucard works that much differently than the standard ones. It seems like the card should have a protected partition that will restore any system files after you format a card. In this case it may not have restore everything properly from a format which potentially could be due to defect in the protected partition. OP has tried many things already it sounds like. Having 60+ tabs in chrome really isn't the issue; chrome only keeps http connection for active tab on the mobile platform, unlike the desktop.
03-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #23
Veteran Member
awaldram's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 720
QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
:::: Flucard pro ::::

Question:I formatted my FLUCARDŽ PRO with my camera and restarted my camera subsequently. The control images were not restored. Why?

Answer:After formatting FLUCARDŽ PRO, FLUCARDŽ PRO will restore the control images, during which a beeping tone will be played. Please restart the camera only after the beeping tone has ended (around 30 seconds).

I doubt the Pentax Flucard works that much differently than the standard ones. It seems like the card should have a protected partition that will restore any system files after you format a card. In this case it may not have restore everything properly from a format which potentially could be due to defect in the protected partition. OP has tried many things already it sounds like. Having 60+ tabs in chrome really isn't the issue; chrome only keeps http connection for active tab on the mobile platform, unlike the desktop.
The OF-c1 has no control images and doesn't need them being supported by the K3's FW.
There are no 'system' files to restore.
It functions from the inbuilt web server.
There is no 'protected partition' there is a complete PC built in it boots Linux and beeps when initialised correctly.
As the OP's card is beeping it has booted and succesfuly passed POST therfore any error are enviromental and not 'broken'

The chances of all the boot libaries being intact from the monolythic file sstructure yet the english web pages being corrupt are approaching zero.

If you plug it into a normal camera you can indeed utilise it as a standard flu-card

I see the most probable causes

1 network congestion stops server
2 Cached entries block correct pages
3 invalid dhcp configuration such that DNS is failing

Given the card is activily stating I've passed Power on Self Test and I'm active meks me dubious that the card is broken but if the OP cannot resolve then he has little chioce but to return it.

If you really want ot get dirty

create and autorun.sh file in the root of the card with
rcS6
tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w /mnt/sd/ &
in it
you can then access the linux root filesystem via telnet

and intergate the PC

like

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 50.68
Features : swp half fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : KeyASIC Ka2000 EVM
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000
# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock0 1536 556 980 36% /mnt/mtd
/dev/mmcblk0p1 15709184 38104 15671080 0% /mnt/sd

As the OP gets asian menu screen but then appears unresponsive I'd suspect DNS


I can simulate the OP's error by using split routes on Ms windows as the tcp/ip stack is frail when multiple routes exist


Last edited by awaldram; 03-21-2014 at 04:30 PM.
03-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #24
jup
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 98
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
The OF-c1 has no control images and doesn't need them being supported by the K3's FW.
There are no 'system' files to restore.
It functions from the inbuilt web server.
There is no 'protected partition' there is a complete PC built in it boots Linux and beeps when initialised correctly.
As the OP's card is beeping it has booted and succesfuly passed POST therfore any error are enviromental and not 'broken'

The chances of all the boot libaries being intact from the monolythic file sstructure yet the english web pages being corrupt are approaching zero.

If you plug it into a normal camera you can indeed utilise it as a standard flu-card

I see the most probable causes

1 network congestion stops server
2 Cached entries block correct pages
3 invalid dhcp configuration such that DNS is failing

Given the card is activily stating I've passed Power on Self Test and I'm active meks me dubious that the card is broken but if the OP cannot resolve then he has little chioce but to return it.

If you really want ot get dirty

create and autorun.sh file in the root of the card with
rcS6
tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w /mnt/sd/ &
in it
you can then access the linux root filesystem via telnet

and intergate the PC

like

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 50.68
Features : swp half fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : KeyASIC Ka2000 EVM
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000
# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock0 1536 556 980 36% /mnt/mtd
/dev/mmcblk0p1 15709184 38104 15671080 0% /mnt/sd
Thanks. Yes, I can connect to the card via telnet. But I still don't know what to change:

Code:

# ls
bin home linuxrc param_value.txt sbin usr www
dev init lost+found proc sys var
etc lib mnt root tmp wifi_flag.txt
# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 50.68
Features : swp half fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : KeyASIC Ka2000 EVM
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000
The only possible problem I see (but I don't have another flucard to compare to) is broken formatting in /home/config.trek - it's missing opening parenthesis on LANGUAGE]
Code:
# cd /home/
# ls
config.trek
# cat config.trek
LANGUAGE]
English
[AP]
AP_ACCOUNT : 3
SSID : test1
Key : 81461A688C
SSID : Rubbish and Dustbin
Key : 0102030405060708090A0B0C0D
SSID : Trek_Test_TP-LINK
Key : 1234567890
[FTP]
FTP Path : 192.168.3.100
User Name : minjian
Password : trek2000
[Wi-Fi Setting]
FLUCARD SSID : Trek_FLUCARD_WiFi
Channel : 11
My IP Addr : 192.168.1.1
Target IP Addr : 192.168.1.1
[MISC]
Download Enable : no
Power Saving : on
Buzzer Mode : Normal
#
However, that file is obiously autogenerated. Any change I make to it gets wiped up on reboot. I browsed around the filesystem on the flucard for quite a while and don't see any obvious place where this file gets generated (it's not init scripts, at least not directly) and where config parameters come from. But if you're already telneted to the card, you can still please check how your /home/config.trek looks.
03-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #25
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,329
I have no idea on how this works but there is a folder on the card called SD_WLAN and inside there is a file called CONFIG without extention containing the following:

[Vendor]
CIPATH=/DCIM/200_OFC1/OFC10001.JPG
APPMODE=4
03-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #26
Veteran Member
awaldram's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 720
Don;t have access to the card at the Momment I'll try and post mine tommorrow.

But think this is the working config location (but might be flu but not OF-c1)

/mnt/mtd/config/config.trek

Suspect what shown in home is the running config rather than the read file
03-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #27
jup
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 98
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Don;t have access to the card at the Momment I'll try and post mine tommorrow.

But think this is the working config location (but might be flu but not OF-c1)

/mnt/mtd/config/config.trek

Suspect what shown in home is the running config rather than the read file
/mnt/mtd/config/config.trek looks like it's not used in normal operation with OF-C1 (at least not directly), although it exists (and can be changed with cgi scripts, ie. http://pentax/cgi-bin/input). I can force the card to use it by calling flu_app directly from autorun.sh (found it by the side effect) but that's not very useful.
03-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #28
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,432
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
We are trying to isolate the problem, and part of that diagnostic process is to make things as simple as possible, and if you've got multiple sessions open to the card on your browser or other things going on with your phone (which is after all half the system here) then that very well could be the problem so to eliminate all those variables you need to...well, eliminate those variables -- close all your tabs, in fact close everything on your phone and then reboot it, restart with a single session and go from there.
But no! You do not understand. I don't either (apparently). The Android OS is so efficient and stable (gag) neither it nor the phone should even be considered.

My question is...Why post a question if one is already convinced of the answer?


Steve
03-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #29
jup
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 98
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jup Quote
/mnt/mtd/config/config.trek looks like it's not used in normal operation with OF-C1 (at least not directly), although it exists (and can be changed with cgi scripts, ie. http://pentax/cgi-bin/input). I can force the card to use it by calling flu_app directly from autorun.sh (found it by the side effect) but that's not very useful.
BTW, I can change the language on the page by calling some JavaScript functions. It just doesn't do much for functionality. But it gives the menu that it normally gives and the pop up then says "Please wait..." With images that are still broken (as are in the initial picture). I have this feeling that most functionality of Pentax FluCard is in one HTML file.

Still believe something got corrupted. The only question if it's something small (which can be easily fixed by finding the right setting/command) or big. Too bad there's no firmware for this thing anywhere yet, since reflashing it might just do the trick.

In a sense it's fun to play with its linux filesystem. But I don't have days to spend on this, so I'll probably send it back.
03-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #30
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 47
QuoteOriginally posted by jup Quote
BTW, I can change the language on the page by calling some JavaScript functions. It just doesn't do much for functionality. But it gives the menu that it normally gives and the pop up then says "Please wait..." With images that are still broken (as are in the initial picture). I have this feeling that most functionality of Pentax FluCard is in one HTML file.

Still believe something got corrupted. The only question if it's something small (which can be easily fixed by finding the right setting/command) or big. Too bad there's no firmware for this thing anywhere yet, since reflashing it might just do the trick.

In a sense it's fun to play with its linux filesystem. But I don't have days to spend on this, so I'll probably send it back.
Why not contact Pentax customer support to provide firmware or HTML to reflash the card?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
contact, dslr, flucard, k-3, k3, menu, pentax k-3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FLUCARD power jbinpg Pentax K-3 7 03-09-2014 02:01 PM
FluCard chromo Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 10 03-05-2014 01:18 AM
Flucard availability? PeterAM Ask B&H Photo! 2 02-25-2014 02:10 PM
Alternative Flucard ? Gerard_Dirks Pentax K-3 7 02-24-2014 05:48 AM
Flucard alcstudios Ask B&H Photo! 5 10-28-2013 06:20 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top