Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi jbinpeg - Thanks!
I never considered that option! Hmm... a USB-charger and a long cable could work. That would probably solve the battery life question - I wonder if heat would be a problem with this approach? (Charging generates a bit of heat, and the card is supposed to do so as well)

03-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gordo Quote
I've had a lot of trouble with stability of the card. I haven't posted details yet because I'm still trying to narrow it down to specific scenarios. When it works, I'm very happy with it and I've gotten at last one shot that would have been nearly impossible without it. But it only works a short while before it gets very unstable, dropping the connection every minute or two, and then seems to totally stop working (i.e. when powering up the camera the card doesn't go into the beep-initialization sequence). Full battery, using it in a semi-rural area set to a wifi channel that is not being used (according to an Android wifi analyzer). The behavior sounds like what was mentioned in the review as the card rebooting when the battery level is at one or two segments, but mine's at three.
after a day.. this happened on android or windows....
04-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by esancho Quote
Flucard for Pentax hiba - YouTube
after a day.. this happened on android or windows....
Solved! the reason was focus peeking swiched on!
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Small note on AF with FluCard

In Adam's excellent review, there is this statement on AF in section 6:

"Even though the remote control interface offers a tap-to-focus option (13), there is no option to switch to manual focus, even when tap-to-focus is disabled. After you press the shutter release button, the camera will always autofocus prior to releasing the shutter unless the physical switch on the camera is set to manual focus. (2) does not allow you to change the AF mode; it merely indicates what the camera is set to."

This is not entirely so: I use AF.C and in 'Button Customization' I have set autofocus to AF2 ("AF with shutter release button disabeled so AF is performed with the AF button"). With this setting (and the switch on the camera set to AF), I can pre-focus and then release the shutter without any delays due to renewed focusing. This is also handy for lenses with Quick Shift Focus as one can do manual critical focusing outside the AF-point selected.

Last edited by Stone G.; 04-22-2014 at 03:31 PM.
05-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Gordo Quote
I've had a lot of trouble with stability of the card. I haven't posted details yet because I'm still trying to narrow it down to specific scenarios. When it works, I'm very happy with it and I've gotten at last one shot that would have been nearly impossible without it. But it only works a short while before it gets very unstable, dropping the connection every minute or two, and then seems to totally stop working (i.e. when powering up the camera the card doesn't go into the beep-initialization sequence). Full battery, using it in a semi-rural area set to a wifi channel that is not being used (according to an Android wifi analyzer). The behavior sounds like what was mentioned in the review as the card rebooting when the battery level is at one or two segments, but mine's at three.
Sounds like a 'heat' issue with the flu card. I've had issues where heat was the culprit, would not surprise me here.

---------- Post added 05-07-14 at 02:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The app is written in javascript so yes, any modern browser will do. All browsers these days are standards-compliant for the most part (even Internet Explorer!), and the flucard app uses basic tech that's been supported for many years anyway I can't comment on windows phone performance, but it certainly works in IE9/10/11 on my desktop.
Well, on a laptop/Macbook probably. I just tested with Safari and Chrome on an iPad Air, Safari works great, only problem is I can't download the jpeg, Safari on iPad doesn't have the capability or option to download the jpeg. Chrome, well, Chrome on the iPad sort of works, no liveview function, just a black screen, image is viewable afterwards. Still no downloading of the image to the iPad. I've a very nice functional 128GB iPad Air to work with, just no way to wirelessly pull down the image with the flu card.

Eyefi will get me the image downloaded, no remote control, ERRRRR!
05-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by morph00 Quote
I just tested with Safari and Chrome on an iPad Air, Safari works great, only problem is I can't download the jpeg, Safari on iPad doesn't have the capability or option to download the jpeg.
Do you see the pop up menu to select "Save Image", if you touch and hold the image on Safari?
05-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #22

Ah, never knew! Nice! Thanks!

---------- Post added 05-09-14 at 12:09 PM ----------

Okay, so now the question is, why is live view with Chrome a black screen? Strange...

05-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #23

O-FC1 uses MJPEG (Motion JPEG) stream for Live View. Chrome for iOS may not process MJPEG. I saw some posts about MJPEG issue of Chrome for iOS.

You can test Chrome for MJPEG at the following site:

www.mjpeg.net

Last edited by K-3-lover; 05-10-2014 at 12:12 AM.