Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2014, 03:05 AM   #1

Lens information in EXIF

I hope this is the correct forum for this question - apologies if not.

I have recently bought a K-3 with 18-135mm, 100mm macro and WR 55-300mm lenses. The first two are automatically recognised by the K-3 as their details are supplied in the EXIF details of photographs in which they are used. But the 55-300mm isn't. This is annoying in general, but specifically it means that applying lens correction in Lightroom is more difficult.

Is there a way I can fix this, or does it need Pentax to correct this in firmware?

Many thanks,
Richard

03-25-2014, 03:09 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's Lightroom's fault- the lens id is simply a number in the EXIF, and it's the software's job to decode it. Try downloading the latest updates from Adobe and hopefully it will contain an updated database of lenses

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-25-2014, 03:43 AM   #3
rlm

Original Poster
Thanks Adam - Adobe doesn't have it listed yet, but hopefully it will soon. Another source has pointed me to this amazing resource of EXIF tags for Pentax camera and lenses, which may come in useful: Pentax Tags .
03-25-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exiftool is what we use here on the forum to identify lenses in uploaded photos It works very well and updates are released very frequently.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: