Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
What is an "ongoing review"?
I don't know... a BS term that is supposed to conjure images of continuous rigorous testing that DPR staff have been conducting for the past 5 months straight?

03-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its what you do until you can do a "real" review. Who knows?

Steve
03-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
and now #1 with 14,6 %. So K-3 is almost as popular as the K-01 was once.
03-28-2014, 11:51 PM   #19
Site Supporter

A brief moment of fame. Six months after release......

03-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #20

On the top!

Actual situation:

03-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CDW Quote
Pentax is indeed below most people's radar. Fortunately, there are enough of us who do appreciate the fact that Pentax has managed to hang on in spite of business difficulties and bad marketing, and continues to produce cameras for users who value their approach to camera design.
I keep seeing Pentax gear being described for use by 'hobbyists,..' more then pro users - maybe there's a bias in the reviewers heads, a case of 'I don't know any pro's who use one, so it must not be Pro'...

You'd know as well as I do, Pro cinematographers and photographers choose a camera to match a gig, not one brand does everything. Reviewers, not so much.

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Maybe Pentax isn't so far under the radar as we thought.
In a way, I hope they are, so secondhand lens market stays 'competitively' priced

And maybe, just maybe, the K3 is number one in their popularity, because all us forum users keep clicking to see the story.

On that same page,... wouldn't want to be a D600 owner right now.
04-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Now it's number one

Now it's number one with 12 percent.
Attached Images

04-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #23
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Most popular seems to be greatly influenced by what is on the home page of DPR.

04-03-2014, 05:37 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

It would appear that the DPR folks prefer the K-3 to the D610 almost 2:1. There's a bunch of folks on this site that should take some time off from the Pentax forum and go on a proselytizing Mormon mission over on DPR. What's the matter with those losers? not wanting an FF camera. They obviously don't understand that Pentax is doomed, that Full Frame is cheaper, that they have no control over depth of field, that they have no ability to shoot in low light at high ISO, and all the other things that are inferred or stated directly or indirectly all the time by the Full Frame advocates on the forum.
04-04-2014, 04:28 AM   #25
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
It's a way to keep from rating the K-3.
04-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Normhead: I do 'Cinematography'... for me, FF cameras don't look right, the depth of field is too shallow compared to classic cinema film cameras. APS-c matches perfectly.
I don't get the need for FF either.
04-05-2014, 12:35 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Boring K3 - all the time, Number 1 :-)

Reading about the D600 dust problems, it occurred to me that i have not yet to clean the sensor after 3 months. The K5 was good too, but the K3 seems to be amazing at not requiring cleaning.. Or is it still too new for me :-)

The other interesting thing was all the furor over the light leaks, first with the A7 series (which apparently caused Sony to withdraw the WR claim on the camera), but then by other cameras in Canikon. Pentax cameras was at the top of the heap in its ability to stop light leaks. I guess the conclusion is that not all cameras that claim to be WR actually are.

Last edited by philbaum; 04-05-2014 at 12:41 AM.
04-05-2014, 12:50 AM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogunturkay Quote
Actual situation:
I looked at your screen shot, and then I went back to look at the previous one one the first page (by Jogiba), then I went over to DPR to have a look at the figures and placings myself.
(K3 is on the TOP)

Boy!
Someone hates Pentax so much to keep making these one liners and links to half truths that its really getting weird.
04-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #29
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I looked at your screen shot, and then I went back to look at the previous one one the first page (by Jogiba), then I went over to DPR to have a look at the figures and placings myself.
(K3 is on the TOP)

Boy!
Someone hates Pentax so much to keep making these one liners and links to half truths that its really getting weird.
Just for clarification for those coming in late; jogiba's false, misleading trollish post that is referred to here has been deleted.
04-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Just for clarification for those coming in late; jogiba's false, misleading trollish post that is referred to here has been deleted.
Thanks for the clarification.

This DPR non-review shows its strange dislike/disdain for Pentax.
Maybe the Pentax voices are very vocal on DPR and always reposte well to non-factual or biased articles against Pentax.
Unlike other brands like Canon/Nikon/Sony, Pentax is small, so if they dislike the user base, they can afford to ignore them (and refuse to timely come up with a review)

I'm pretty sure that the K3 review will only be ready when the Nikon D9300 or whatever (if real) is announced.