Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
contact person in Ricoh Imaging Europe ?

I live in Israel. I own a K-10D. Stupidly I've decided that I want to upgrade to the K-3.

The local Pentax importer is KARAT which also import Canon. Just as a background. in Karat's Pentax page, the "newest" Pentax cameras are "K-5 NEW !!!" and the "K-r NEW !!!" . No shop in Israel carry ANY Pentax DSLR (or, actually any other Pentax camera).

Any way, I've contacted them 5 weeks ago, got the phone of the "Pentax product manager" and called him. The recorded message of that line is "Hello, you've reached the Canon Pro Shop" (the guy actually is the manager of that shop).

After 5 weeks, I'm still looking for an offer, and no one is returning my calls unless I find the guy at the shop.

I'm thinking of contacting Ricoh Imaging and for this I will need an appropriate contact data (name, email).

Any help will be appreciated.

Ben

04-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Did you try any of the addresses that you can find through the corporate site? See: Global Network | RICOH IMAGING

There are on-line forms to ask questions. When I had trouble locating a K-3 in Belgium (because of a change in distributor) I got a reply directing me to a retailer where I could purchase the camera fairly quickly (a matter of one or two days I think).

Wim
04-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank Wim.

I've searched this site before coming to the forum, and the only contact in Israel is (not surprising) - Karat. And that's the problem ....
04-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know that many people in Israel had relatives, and friends in Europe. Maybe you have too, and can buy a camera from Europe, directly, or with the help of someone you trust. Still, I'm very surprised of this. In Romania are at least three camera dealers that import Pentax, and has K-3 on their shelf.

04-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #5

Is ordering from Amazon.com or one of the European alternatives an option? Downside of course that you don't get a hands-on preview before purchasing...
04-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I CAN buy in the USA/Europe ....

... and the price will be excellent. I've done this before - cameras, lenses, etc.

BUT .... the K-3 is a new and complicated beast. if something goes wrong I'll have to send (paid by me) it abroad and handle everything myself. Not just this - if the camera is deffective and replaced, when it reaches Israel again customs checks the serial number. If it's different - VAT will have to be paid again.

That's why in this case I'll buy only through the Pentax importer so in case of trouble he will handle it all, or not buy it at all.

Thanks for your replies.

Ben