Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #16

Original Poster
I'm ready to try installing the Katzeye screen that I just received on my K3, wish me luck!

05-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The Canon eE-S screen is a good alternative that should not effect metering and as noted above, is available through focusingscreen.com. I have not used it personally, but would welcome a fine-focus alternative without the disturbing viewfinder clutter of the focus aids. On 35mm film, the split-image with microprism ring is fairly small and unobtrusive, but on APS-C, they are huge.
I actually bought a Type-S screen from focusingscreen.com and it is nice to use. I think I will be sending it back, however. Mine (with etched AF markings) does not meter properly with slower lenses under some circumstances. Would you believe 2 stops underexposed when used with the Pentax-DA 18-55/3.5-5.6 at 35mm?

Steve
05-22-2014, 01:03 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
..... Most of the cost is having them cut it, the screen alone costs $35.
Save the bucks and cut your own, Tape it, mark it, grind the sucker down