Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #1

Warranty Card

I bought my K-3 a few weeks ago. I want to test in under a few conditions before deciding to keep it or return it. I've gotten good photos and decided to keep the camera. I went back through the boxes looking for a warranty card to fill out and found there isn't one in the box with the rest of the papers. I don't want to keep the camera if I don't have a warranty. I bought it through B&H and will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what they have to say. My 30 day return ends tomorrow or Friday and I am starting to panic.

Any help or advise?

04-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fear not. You don't need a warranty card and they don't include them anymore. All you need for warranty service is your receipt.
04-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
No card needed, you just need your receipt.
04-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you! That is a big relief!

04-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LadyTas Quote
I bought my K-3 a few weeks ago. I want to test in under a few conditions before deciding to keep it or return it. I've gotten good photos and decided to keep the camera. I went back through the boxes looking for a warranty card to fill out and found there isn't one in the box with the rest of the papers. I don't want to keep the camera if I don't have a warranty. I bought it through B&H and will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what they have to say. My 30 day return ends tomorrow or Friday and I am starting to panic.

Any help or advise?
I know that this is slightly off topic, but Pentax has a 2 year extended warranty available (for total of 3 years) for $20. It's the best deal going and includes a free cleaning and tune up.
04-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #6

Original Poster
I just bought it a few hours ago. I am a little worried that it is so close to my 30 day time frame. Hopefully they go by date purchased, not date delivered. Does this card need to be filled out and turned in or just saved and sent in if/when you need repairs done?
04-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Does this card need to be filled out and turned in or just saved and sent in if/when you need repairs done?
The two year warranty card is just a little cardboard folder. Put that and your receipt for the camera and for the warranty in a safe place. If you need service within the warranty period (now three years, first year plus extended two more) you will need to send the camera to CRIS Camera along with photocopies of the warranty card and the receipts. As long as the receipt dates are within the correct time frame you are good.
04-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

I just bought it a few hours ago. I am a little worried that it is so close to my 30 day time frame. Hopefully they go by date purchased, not date delivered. Does this card need to be filled out and turned in or just saved and sent in if/when you need repairs done?
In the past a few folks here on the forum have called Pentax support and asked about the time-frame. They have posted that Pentax has said that they are pretty lax on the acquisition time-frame ranging up to around 90 days. Who really knows what they actually do, but no one has posted, that I remember seeing that - they were denied warranty service in terms of picking up the extended warranty too late. Actually looking at my extended warranty card - I don't even see a date on it, but its a couple of years old.

hope that helps.....

04-10-2014, 04:11 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Thanks everyone for the information. My Red K-50 is finally starting to ship. And I was wondering the same thing, if
I needed to register the camera and extra warranty with Pentax. You have answered my questions. Thanks!
04-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Fear not. You don't need a warranty card and they don't include them anymore.
This is not entirely true.
All of my Australian purchased Pentax cameras came with a Warranty Registration card.
04-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #11
Ole
Administrator

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
This is not entirely true.
All of my Australian purchased Pentax cameras came with a Warranty Registration card.
OK, in the US of A they don't include them, then!
04-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #12

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I know that this is slightly off topic, but Pentax has a 2 year extended warranty available (for total of 3 years) for $20. It's the best deal going and includes a free cleaning and tune up.
Yes but if you live in the U.K. they want between $43 and $85 for postage plus the $20 just to deliver a piece of paper I don't think so??????????????
Tom G
04-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom777 Quote
Yes but if you live in the U.K. they want between $43 and $85 for postage plus the $20 just to deliver a piece of paper I don't think so??????????????
Tom G
But in the UK you get 2 years warranty as standard for any Pentax product bought from a Pentax Pro dealership (most reputable retailers) for free.
04-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #14

You can register your K-3 on the B&H web site.

Ron