Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Select focus in Live view

I am quite new to photography and still very much learning my K3.
I use live view for night time landscape images, Sunsets, city views etc. I was wondering how to use select focus in live view. I would like to know how to move the focus point around the screen.

04-11-2014, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shellz19 Quote
I am quite new to photography and still very much learning my K3.
I use live view for night time landscape images, Sunsets, city views etc. I was wondering how to use select focus in live view. I would like to know how to move the focus point around the screen.
There are multiple AF modes in live view, you need to be sure yours is set to select before being able to change the AF points.

On the status screen, the AF mode is the lower-right box:

Once that's set, press OK and you'll see this:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply Adam. That is what I am after, but I still can't get to the second image that you posted. If I press OK in live view, I just get the zoom in screen. I can move that around, but when I try to refocus, I goes back to the square in the middle.
04-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
Unregistered User

Press the button to the right of the Menu button to be able to move and resize it.

04-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Tjompen1968, that has helped me. My live view now looks almost the same as the picture that Adam posted. But I don't have the icon that is shown in the bottom middle of screen. I can move the small square around to pick my focus point, but I don't seem to be able to enlarge the square.
04-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #6

Hello to All,
I have the K-5IIs ,when I press the Live View bottom and set as Adam Post on top then when I take picture it won't shot.It was Zoom In and Out.
The Camera was on AF when that happen. What I don't understand why I can Not Take the Picture...Please help what else should i do to make it work in Live View so i can use it for Macro shot.
Thank you,
steve