Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #1

Video Editing Software

Hi all,

I just ordered a K3 having owned K20, 7, and 5. I got it in part because I heard the video was much improved and I want to do some video blogs about my move to Oaxaca MX.

Can anybody recommend video editing software that can import the K3's .mov shell for the PC? My intent is to shoot with the K3, edit on the PC, export to .mp4 file, import that into my iPad to run it through a nifty app called Touchcast.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

04-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 for video editing. It's really easy to learn the basics, and there's a wealth of tutorials that can be found through YouTube and Google.

I'm pretty sure Vegas can do the formatting things you want, but in case it can't, the Handbrake program is free and will basically take care of any video formatting needs you might need.

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder
04-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the less expensive Sony Movie Studio. You shouldn't have to get the full Vegas. Both are good.

Adobe Premiere is probably the only other viable Windows solution. But I went with Sony.
04-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Btparques Quote
Hi all,

I just ordered a K3 having owned K20, 7, and 5. I got it in part because I heard the video was much improved and I want to do some video blogs about my move to Oaxaca MX.

Can anybody recommend video editing software that can import the K3's .mov shell for the PC? My intent is to shoot with the K3, edit on the PC, export to .mp4 file, import that into my iPad to run it through a nifty app called Touchcast.

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Hi there
you could try Cyberlink Powerdirectorv12, Adobe elements 12, Sony Movie Studio,as already stated
if you google them you will get the answers to your questions,

But a little bit of advice keep away from Pinnacle studio 17 I have had nothing but bother with this programme, they are on the 3rd/4th Patch still not able to do dvd's
Tom G

04-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You're definitely not limited to SV or AP as viable solutions.
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro works brilliantly.
Even the free Hitfilm Express 2, though I still prefer MEP for speed.
04-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #6

And don't forget photoshop. They really improved it in CS6 and CC!