Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K# Review - CA Issue? I have not noticed this

I just read an overall positive review of the K-3 but it repeatedly referred to a CA problem. I have not noticed this. Is this a issue for the K3 or for the reviewer?

Pentax K-3 review | Digital slrs/hybrids Reviews | TechRadar

04-16-2014, 04:59 AM   #2
Pentaxian

CA is an optical issue. IOW: The lens.
The reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about if he thinks it's a camera problem.
04-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bad the person didn't know better... good for k-3 there is nothing bad about the camera unless you mount the cheapest glass (in terms of build quality DAL-grade) :-)
04-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #4
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
He might have an expectation that Lens Correction would 'erase' any CA exhibited by the lens. That would assume

1. The specific lens mounted is programmed into the camera correction (not all lenses are programmed) and
2. He had Lens Correction turned on.

A review that didn't state the conditions under which the objections were made is, at best, incomplete and msileading.

04-17-2014, 03:55 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for you sharp minds.
I should have thought this through better - CA - to my knowledge is just a lens issue. I did like the review, seemed fair and thorough but this stumble puts it in a bad light. You have to wonder what photography knowledge the review commands. I was thinking there might be a sensor issue but that doesn't make any sense.
04-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #6

I was disheartened with the review he gave it. Considering the Fuji X-T1 got a review a few weeks after release, is ~20 pages, AND it got the positive review it did, it's clear he has his priorities (misleading and incomplete CA data aside).