Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #1

Pink LCD random at startup...

Aimed at a black background

Bought about 6 weeks ago and this has happened about 6 times. It has been after the camera has been off for at least overnight.
Removing the battery seems to reset and it is fine afterwards, the pictures are after a factory reset, reformatted SD card, re downloaded 1.03 update.
CRIS Said they had not heard of this and wants 4-6 weeks to look at it.
Of course it has not happened since I made the phone call lol.

This is looking out a window and you can see an image.
Using the FLU CARD works fine so I'm assuming it is a live view problem, menu shows up ok as well.
Any ideas before I lose my camera for a month.
Thanks Andy

04-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well it's either a loose wire or a software bug. Hopefully it's the latter! But if it gets too bothersome I would get the camera checked out as this definitely shouldn't be happening.

I experienced something similar with the MX-1 in cold weather, but it would only affect the JPEGs rather than the live view image.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by adventure95004 Quote
Aimed at a black background

Bought about 6 weeks ago and this has happened about 6 times. It has been after the camera has been off for at least overnight.
Removing the battery seems to reset and it is fine afterwards, the pictures are after a factory reset, reformatted SD card, re downloaded 1.03 update.
CRIS Said they had not heard of this and wants 4-6 weeks to look at it.
Of course it has not happened since I made the phone call lol.

This is looking out a window and you can see an image.
Using the FLU CARD works fine so I'm assuming it is a live view problem, menu shows up ok as well.
Any ideas before I lose my camera for a month.
Thanks Andy
Looks like the lcd isn't sat correctly and your losing the blue channel.

Time to give your retailer a call and see if they can give you a loaner 6-8 weeks is a bit absurd for a 6 week old unit.
04-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
awaldram - if the menu shows up normally, it's something else (and white letters appear OK as well; white requires "full" RGB). +1 on absurdity, though.

04-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #5

Original Poster
If I go from liveview to menu it's fine also the green icons are fine, it's why I was thinking more software or settings related.
I really don't want to go down this road lol but it seems like it has happened more with the grip attached, but as I said it is only at first start after sitting all night or longer..
Regards Andy

---------- Post added 04-25-14 at 02:38 PM ----------

Also I am new to dslr so it is why I'm not ruling out user error :-)
04-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Looks like you have a bad connection on the sensor or sensor supported devices on the motherboard.
The menu is an overlay that is driven to the LCD separately and appears to be working as it should.
In live view both the menu and the sensor image are mixed just before sending to the LCD screen.
If it was the sensor then the pink would show up in the photos so the problem must be just before the signal is sent to the LCD.

Send it back.
04-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #7
Site Supporter

My K7 did something like that after CRIS worked on it, had to send it back for re-work.
+1 on sending it back for a replacement.
04-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
awaldram - if the menu shows up normally, it's something else (and white letters appear OK as well; white requires "full" RGB). +1 on absurdity, though.
Unless dual channel , Menu rgb + sensor RG(B missing)