Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-21-2014, 03:06 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by TaylorRiverGuy Quote
I ordered the Mestos L-Bracket today for the K-3 + grip. It is supposed to arrive sometime before June 5th.
The bracket is A1 - but the shipping time is long. Tracking is non-existent until it hits the US and then you get it the next day.
I've been using it a few weeks now 0 very pleased.

05-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #17

Does anyone know how the Really Right Stuff (RRS) bracket attaches? Does it use an allen wrench screw too?
05-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
The bracket is A1 - but the shipping time is long. Tracking is non-existent until it hits the US and then you get it the next day.
Thank you very much for your feedback Bob!
05-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gosman Quote
Does anyone know how the Really Right Stuff (RRS) bracket attaches? Does it use an allen wrench screw too?
Yes! And as the MF/AF switch and AF button is more difficult to reach with L-bracket on, I only will use it when on tripod! --> I would appreciate if RRS made screw like on the Manfrotto plates.

/ Lars

05-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
I am thinking about getting the Mestos L-Bracket. If possible, could you post a snapshot of the L-bracket mounted on your K-3? Thank you!
Look here a few different styles

mestos l plate | eBay
Tom G
05-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lars Quote
Yes! And as the MF/AF switch and AF button is more difficult to reach with L-bracket on, I only will use it when on tripod! --> I would appreciate if RRS made screw like on the Manfrotto plates.

/ Lars
This is not a problem for me with the Mestos plates I have for the k-5 (two with and without grip) and k-3 just with the grip. I should sell the k-3 plate for the camera only since I leave the grips and the mestos plates on both the K-3 and the K-5. Everything is accessible, very little added weight, and I feel it also improves the handling/grip of the cameras for handheld shots.

There is also a screw underneath the Mestos - I have a rapid grip and should test to see if it fits.
05-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'd really like a solution where I can hang by Black Rapid strap onto the L Bracket. That would be perfecto!
Just tried my Black Rapid on the Mestos L Bracket - works fine

05-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #23

So Bob, there is a tripod screw at the bottom of the plate to screw in the Black Rapid strap? So you simply disconnect the strap and place the camera on the tripod or can you keep it on the strap?
05-24-2014, 12:08 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So Bob, there is a tripod screw at the bottom of the plate to screw in the Black Rapid strap? So you simply disconnect the strap and place the camera on the tripod or can you keep it on the strap?
Yes there is a tripod hole in the L Plate which I never used. I won the Black Rapid in a drawing last year and have not used it. I will have to use it awhile to see how I like it.
The tripod hole is both on the GRIP versions of the K-3 and K-5 L Plate and also on the L Plate for the K-5 without the grip. The bracket for the K-5 without the grip fits the K-3.
05-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
My Mestos bracket is now in Memphis per the EBAY tracking web page, which means i should get it on Tuesday or Wendesday after the US Memorial Day holiday. I paid a few dollars more for expedited shipping.
05-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My Mestos bracket is now in Memphis per the EBAY tracking web page, which means i should get it on Tuesday or Wendesday after the US Memorial Day holiday. I paid a few dollars more for expedited shipping.
Good move - I think mine to more than 3 weeks, maybe a month to get here.
05-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #27

OK River Guy- be sure and post pictures with the bracket on your K-3. Be sure and get all sides and up close! Thanks!
05-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
GL02 L-Bracket

Guys , My GL02 L-bracket arrived and it definitely isn't suitable for K-5 II s and Grip unless you attack it with Dremel and remove some meat of it. Note !! Do not order this bracket ... see my post earlier. sorry for the Hijack Rockvillebob.
05-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #29

So who is telling the truth?
05-31-2014, 07:57 AM   #30

My Mestos bracket arrived and it fits great with the grip. Will post photos later.

Disco is referring to a different bracket (not Mestos) above.