Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2014, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Rnovo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mahone Bay, NS, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 270
K3 review from "Reid Reviews"

For anyone interested there is a great review on the K3 at "Reid Reviews" here: Welcome to ReidReviews which appears to be quite impressive. This is available with a subscription, yes, but his reviews are usually pretty much spot on...

05-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,063
I haven't checked this site ... yet.
Is it really worth subscribing to it?

Also:
I have a good friend who lives in Mahone Bay !! Of all places, I never thought I'd find a resident of this very beautiful place right here on this forum.
The friend, a great golfer and former colleague, used to live in Ottawa ... moved there in Mahone Bay a few years ago.
That may well ring a bell, or not.

Cheers!

JP
05-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
kiwi_jono's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,052
I was wondering if the subscription was worth it. Could not even find how much the subscription was (presumeably I have to start subscribing and entering my details first which I'm not overly happy doing).
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #4
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40
His reviews are thorough and well worth the annual subscription, in my opinion. It is currently $32.95. Scroll down the home page to the section headed Subscribing.

Many of his reviews concern rangefinder equipment but Pentax is the SLR brand he reviews most often - cameras and lenses. When I am contemplating an expensive purchase, the price of a reliable Reid review is neither here nor there.

05-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #5
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SF Bay Area (CA)
Posts: 86
It was a very good and balanced review ��
05-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Rnovo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mahone Bay, NS, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 270
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I haven't checked this site ... yet.
Is it really worth subscribing to it?

Also:
I have a good friend who lives in Mahone Bay !! Of all places, I never thought I'd find a resident of this very beautiful place right here on this forum.
The friend, a great golfer and former colleague, used to live in Ottawa ... moved there in Mahone Bay a few years ago.
That may well ring a bell, or not.

Cheers!

JP
Well, JP, I don't see who it is - is he a Pentax user too? Send me a PM if you want?

---------- Post added 05-15-14 at 22:11 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfred Quote
His reviews are thorough and well worth the annual subscription, in my opinion. It is currently $32.95. Scroll down the home page to the section headed Subscribing.

Many of his reviews concern rangefinder equipment but Pentax is the SLR brand he reviews most often - cameras and lenses. When I am contemplating an expensive purchase, the price of a reliable Reid review is neither here nor there.
I agree with Alfred - its worth it. I didn't renew my subscription so I don't have that review. If I upgrade from my K5IIs I might just do that but right now that camera is totally satisfying with a K5 as back-up...!
05-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Kiwi Pentaxian
NZ_Ross's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Timaru
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,076
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
I was wondering if the subscription was worth it. Could not even find how much the subscription was (presumeably I have to start subscribing and entering my details first which I'm not overly happy doing).
He requires minimal details to be entered, and the subscription works well with paypal. The reviews are rangefinder centred, but there have been sufficient Pentax body and lens reviews available to make the subscription worthwhile. In particular, I found brought a Zeiss ZK 35/2, and found Sean's review of the lens very helpful in my decision making.

I have learnt a lot from reading what Sean Reid writes - he is very thorough - I have subscribed for the past 3 years, and found the subscription good value for money.
05-17-2014, 04:57 AM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 240
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I found brought a Zeiss ZK 35/2, and found Sean's review of the lens very helpful in my decision making.
Ah, the Zeiss ZK35/2, what a wonderful lens that is, especially when printing A3+. Reminds me I am still looking out for the Pentax FF, with a Sony A7 as an alternative.
It's nice to hear he thougroughly reviewed the Pentax K3

Chris

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bay, dslr, friend, jp, k-3, k3, k3 review, mahone, pentax, pentax k-3, review, reviews, subscription
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Optical differences between Pentax "K", "M", and "A" lenses 6BQ5 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 31 01-10-2014 01:02 PM
Pentax K3 gets some recognition from "the Camera store tv" Pete_the_Irish_Guy Pentax K-3 5 12-28-2013 02:09 AM
K-01 featured in DP Review's "Ten one-of-a-kind cameras from the 21st Century" Quazimoto Pentax K-01 7 09-03-2013 12:37 PM
Nature Young Snowy Owl "Google" from "World of Wings" Usuqa Post Your Photos! 7 12-14-2012 04:09 PM
Ohhh "snap" Mr. Reid jeffkrol General Talk 3 08-03-2012 02:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top