Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K3 limited

Two questions:
First, back in days k20d limited or k-5 limited, don’t remember, had different focusing screen inside. Dose K3 has it too?
Second should i pull the trigger and buy K3 limited or wait for fotokina?

05-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
First, back in days k20d limited or k-5 limited, don’t remember, had different focusing screen inside. Dose K3 has it too?
No, the focusing screen is the same.

They'll probably be sold out by then (I guess Pentax made a second batch since they're still around now?).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They'll probably be sold out by then (I guess Pentax made a second batch since they're still around now?).
No,no, just i my country they stay longer (: (Lithuania)
05-29-2014, 01:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Do you want whatever new camera(s) they announce at Photokina? If you're waiting for the mythical Full Frame, you might even have to wait a little longer than that - who knows?! Remember, unlike Canon and Nikon, Pentax leaks ("rumors") often don't occur until only a few weeks before the official news.

Anyhow, if it's the K-3 you actually want, and you need the Battery Grip (as I do) it sounds like a good opportunity to pick one up. But my common sense instinct (I have no inside information here) is that the K-3 will have an upgrade/replacement around (or shortly after) Photokina - partly because the mirror-flap issue has garnered a little too much attention, and the best way to get over that would be to simply introduce an new model. Whether it's called a K-3 II - or something else - doesn't really matter.

Last edited by DSims; 05-29-2014 at 01:45 AM.
05-29-2014, 03:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Do you want whatever new camera(s) they announce at Photokina? If you're waiting for the mythical Full Frame, you might even have to wait a little longer than that - who knows?! Remember, unlike Canon and Nikon, Pentax leaks ("rumors") often don't occur until only a few weeks before the official news.

Anyhow, if it's the K-3 you actually want, and you need the Battery Grip (as I do) it sounds like a good opportunity to pick one up. But my common sense instinct (I have no inside information here) is that the K-3 will have an upgrade/replacement around (or shortly after) Photokina - partly because the mirror-flap issue has garnered a little too much attention, and the best way to get over that would be to simply introduce an new model. Whether it's called a K-3 II - or something else - doesn't really matter.
I just want to upgrade my k5. As I learned hot new stuff will work longer than more then 9 mouth old stuff. Plus maybe they announce a new MILF or even FF.
Another root is to completely switch to 645z it will take my kidney to buy one ((((((:
05-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Plus maybe they announce a new MILF
hahaha! That would be awesome!

On topic: I think the biggest benefit from upgrading from K-5 to K-3 would be the AF performance (even K-5II shows a great difference, that´s my experience)
05-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Plus maybe they announce a new MILF
Will not go there...(slaps hand)

05-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I just want to upgrade my k5. As I learned hot new stuff will work longer than more then 9 mouth old stuff. Plus maybe they announce a new MILF or even FF.
Another root is to completely switch to 645z it will take my kidney to buy one ((((((:
You should probably wait, in this case.

(But don't wait for a MILF - in that case you may have already waited too long).
05-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You should probably wait, in this case.

(But don't wait for a MILF - in that case you may have already waited too long).
maybe (:
05-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Waiting for a MILC might be more productive, but one can only hope.

Steve
05-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

No,no, just i my country they stay longer (: (Lithuania)
in digital age, I don't know if the 'limited' silver version is worth the extra price. They don't hold the value at all.
But if you don't care about the extra money for a 'limited' version, go for it.

... and I don't know, PENTAX 'limited' version is not really 'limited'. :P
05-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Waiting for a MILC might be more productive, but one can only hope.
Yes, plus the emotional cost is much less.
05-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Two questions:
Pentax trots out gorgeous K-7 Limited Silver DSLR

I think this is what you are thinking about. It was a K-7 Silver with a different focusing screen and grip. I think it was only sold in Japan.
05-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Pentax trots out gorgeous K-7 Limited Silver DSLR

I think this is what you are thinking about. It was a K-7 Silver with a different focusing screen and grip. I think it was only sold in Japan.
YES! thank you. No it was world wide had one in my hands in shop (:
05-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
----------------------------------------------------

Perhaps that approach would have worked a few years ago, but with the INSTANT INFO that prosumers have access to now on product reviews (especially those highlighting poor product support), whatever replaces the K-3 will have a rough start until Ricoh completely resolves existing customer complaints.

Are you listening Ricoh?