Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
Pentaxian
i83N's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,144
K3 limited

Two questions:
First, back in days k20d limited or k-5 limited, don’t remember, had different focusing screen inside. Dose K3 has it too?
Second should i pull the trigger and buy K3 limited or wait for fotokina?

05-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,957
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
First, back in days k20d limited or k-5 limited, don’t remember, had different focusing screen inside. Dose K3 has it too?
No, the focusing screen is the same.

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Second should i pull the trigger and buy K3 limited or wait for fotokina?
They'll probably be sold out by then (I guess Pentax made a second batch since they're still around now?).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian
i83N's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,144
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They'll probably be sold out by then (I guess Pentax made a second batch since they're still around now?).
No,no, just i my country they stay longer (: (Lithuania)
05-29-2014, 01:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
Do you want whatever new camera(s) they announce at Photokina? If you're waiting for the mythical Full Frame, you might even have to wait a little longer than that - who knows?! Remember, unlike Canon and Nikon, Pentax leaks ("rumors") often don't occur until only a few weeks before the official news.


Anyhow, if it's the K-3 you actually want, and you need the Battery Grip (as I do) it sounds like a good opportunity to pick one up. But my common sense instinct (I have no inside information here) is that the K-3 will have an upgrade/replacement around (or shortly after) Photokina - partly because the mirror-flap issue has garnered a little too much attention, and the best way to get over that would be to simply introduce an new model. Whether it's called a K-3 II - or something else - doesn't really matter.


Last edited by DSims; 05-29-2014 at 01:45 AM.
05-29-2014, 03:05 AM   #5
Pentaxian
i83N's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,144
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Do you want whatever new camera(s) they announce at Photokina? If you're waiting for the mythical Full Frame, you might even have to wait a little longer than that - who knows?! Remember, unlike Canon and Nikon, Pentax leaks ("rumors") often don't occur until only a few weeks before the official news.


Anyhow, if it's the K-3 you actually want, and you need the Battery Grip (as I do) it sounds like a good opportunity to pick one up. But my common sense instinct (I have no inside information here) is that the K-3 will have an upgrade/replacement around (or shortly after) Photokina - partly because the mirror-flap issue has garnered a little too much attention, and the best way to get over that would be to simply introduce an new model. Whether it's called a K-3 II - or something else - doesn't really matter.
I just want to upgrade my k5. As I learned hot new stuff will work longer than more then 9 mouth old stuff. Plus maybe they announce a new MILF or even FF.
Another root is to completely switch to 645z it will take my kidney to buy one ((((((:
05-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian
carrrlangas's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cottbus (Berlin)
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,738
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Plus maybe they announce a new MILF
hahaha! That would be awesome!

On topic: I think the biggest benefit from upgrading from K-5 to K-3 would be the AF performance (even K-5II shows a great difference, thatīs my experience)
05-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #7
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,187
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Plus maybe they announce a new MILF
Will not go there...(slaps hand)
05-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
I just want to upgrade my k5. As I learned hot new stuff will work longer than more then 9 mouth old stuff. Plus maybe they announce a new MILF or even FF.
Another root is to completely switch to 645z it will take my kidney to buy one ((((((:
You should probably wait, in this case.

(But don't wait for a MILF - in that case you may have already waited too long).

05-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
Pentaxian
i83N's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,144
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
You should probably wait, in this case.

(But don't wait for a MILF - in that case you may have already waited too long).
maybe (:
05-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #10
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,187
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
(But don't wait for a MILF - in that case you may have already waited too long).
Waiting for a MILC might be more productive, but one can only hope.


Steve
05-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,249
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
No,no, just i my country they stay longer (: (Lithuania)
in digital age, I don't know if the 'limited' silver version is worth the extra price. They don't hold the value at all.
But if you don't care about the extra money for a 'limited' version, go for it.

... and I don't know, PENTAX 'limited' version is not really 'limited'. :P
05-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Waiting for a MILC might be more productive, but one can only hope.
Yes, plus the emotional cost is much less.
05-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,414
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Two questions:
First, back in days k20d limited or k-5 limited, don’t remember, had different focusing screen inside. Dose K3 has it too?
Second should i pull the trigger and buy K3 limited or wait for fotokina?
Pentax trots out gorgeous K-7 Limited Silver DSLR

I think this is what you are thinking about. It was a K-7 Silver with a different focusing screen and grip. I think it was only sold in Japan.
05-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #14
Pentaxian
i83N's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,144
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Pentax trots out gorgeous K-7 Limited Silver DSLR

I think this is what you are thinking about. It was a K-7 Silver with a different focusing screen and grip. I think it was only sold in Japan.
YES! thank you. No it was world wide had one in my hands in shop (:
05-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Anyhow, if it's the K-3 you actually want, and you need the Battery Grip (as I do) it sounds like a good opportunity to pick one up. But my common sense instinct (I have no inside information here) is that the K-3 will have an upgrade/replacement around (or shortly after) Photokina - partly because the mirror-flap issue has garnered a little too much attention, and the best way to get over that would be to simply introduce an new model. Whether it's called a K-3 II - or something else - doesn't really matter.
----------------------------------------------------

Perhaps that approach would have worked a few years ago, but with the INSTANT INFO that prosumers have access to now on product reviews (especially those highlighting poor product support), whatever replaces the K-3 will have a rough start until Ricoh completely resolves existing customer complaints.

Are you listening Ricoh?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, k-3, k3, pentax k-3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Australia - Pentax K5, k3, Da*, Da, Fa DVaughan007 Sold Items 14 03-28-2014 03:33 PM
K3 w/20-40Limited Oh that look..... joelovotti Pentax K-3 1 02-01-2014 10:43 PM
K3 Black vs K3 Silver Essdubbya Pentax K-3 1 11-08-2013 08:30 PM
For Sale - Sold: DA Limited 21mm / DA Limited 35mm Macro / DA Limited 70mm top-quark Sold Items 3 04-23-2013 05:01 AM
For Sale - Sold: K-5 + 18-55 + Batt Grip/3 batts, 31mm Limited, 15mm Limited, 70mm Limited Sperdynamite Sold Items 7 02-24-2012 12:07 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top