Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Reply from Nero (very promptly I might add)
QuoteQuote:
Dear Dean,

Thank you very much for your contacting us. I have read all of the comments about the issue related with Pentax cameras. We have not received any feedback about compatibility with Pentax cameras, but the issue is quite worth to investigate. Per my experience the idea of needing more contact time to activate the shutter is a good point to start with. I will investigate this. Maybe we may need to come up with a custom solution for you. This would mean modifying the firmware. I cannot promise if we can do this at all, but I will consider this for sure.

Please allow me a few days to investigate. I will get back to you.

Best Regards,

Emir Bayraktar
NeroTrigger
"

06-25-2014, 03:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
cool, I hope they find that they can do something.
01-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deaning Quote
Reply from Nero (very promptly I might add)
Any news ?
01-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Any news ?
No, they never did get back to me.

01-10-2015, 04:39 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you ! I hope the new miops will work...
01-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Cool. I have not heard of MIOPS before.
B&H has them for sale as pre-order... but none with the Pentax cable.

It looks like MIOPS is by the people who make the Neo Trigger, so I dunno if I'll have high hopes. Guess I would contact them before ordering to see if they resolved the issues with Neo Trigger.
01-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No change to NT I believe just rebranded. I did have some success using the lightning mode, the only real problem is the sound mode and also in sound mode if I use both the synch and shutter cord connected it appears to operate correctly!

04-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #23
Forum Member

I just received my K-3 and have been testing it out... I have found my home made trigger, which works fine on my K10D does not work on the new K-3. It focuses just fine with the remote, but the shutter release doesn't trigger. The shutter release just causes the screen to go blank, like it wants to trigger. Even when you have a positive focus confirmation.

I have found the the focus button has to be depressed for the shutter release to trigger, unless I set 15. AF.S Setting to 2 Release-priority. Which is my work around.
04-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dchemist Quote
I just received my K-3 and have been testing it out...
So you bought one! Welcome to the club

As for your home-made trigger not working, you are welcome to borrow my wired remote to determine the state of each of the conductors so you can fine-tune your design.

Steve
04-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #25
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So you bought one! Welcome to the club

As for your home-made trigger not working, you are welcome to borrow my wired remote to determine the state of each of the conductors so you can fine-tune your design.

Steve
Thank you Steve- I'm enjoying it so far... All of the options and the 3 User modes are a little over-whelming compared to the K10D, but I'm really having fun. I appreciate the offer for your wired remote, but I think I understand what's going on well enough that mine won't slow me down. I was just happy to discover the camera wasn't broken (considering the remote worked on the K10D)...