Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Couple more weeks!!

Couple more weeks, couple more weeks, couple more weeks... and the K3 Limited will be in my possession!! The excitement is partially due to the fact that I had to go on a mad hunt to find one of the last handfuls of Limiteds in Canada and partly because my K5 seems to be on it's last leg... plus I'm getting it at a bit less than retail and they do layaway (spent too much $$ on lenses recently... or maybe just 1). Very much excited about this! Should I be this excited? Or is it only a minor upgrade from the K5?

06-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Major ... but familiar.
06-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

K-3 is a very nice upgrade from the k-5. You will not regret it...
06-10-2014, 05:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I had a K-3 but switched to a nice used K-5 to buy better glass instead.
While I love my K-5 I'll be looking upgrade to a K-3 in the future when prices drop lower. It's a really nice piece of hardware

06-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How does it compare to the K5 in low light situations? Most of my shooting is indoor concerts, with a hint of outdoorsy wildlife. And the mirror issue, same one as with the K5? If so, Pentax was fantastic about warrantying my K5 when it started acting up.
06-11-2014, 05:07 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
I had a K-3 but switched to a nice used K-5 to buy better glass instead.
While I love my K-5 I'll be looking upgrade to a K-3 in the future when prices drop lower. It's a really nice piece of hardware
What he said. How did you like it in lower light situations compared to the K5 and did you notice sharper pictures overall without the anti alias filter applied?
06-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I never had a K5, handled one for about 10 minutes while talking to its owner. Found it so much easier to use than the old ne I had that it persuaded me to buy a K3. I like the sharpness which comes from a combination of factors - easier focusing (I use MF all the time with antique lenses), the no-AA filter (I have never tried AA with it), and it has a nice feel and is easy to control after I got advice about a couple of details buried in the menus. Makes photography pleasurable again.