Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Or the update procedure, which would necessarily involve in camera software, was designed to work on 1.03.

08-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #47

What CRIS Replied

In response to my inquiry about receiving my camera back with firmware 1.03 loaded after sending it to them for the mirror flop fix with firmware 1.10 installed, they replied:

Per the Ricoh website 1.03 is the latest version, we have no data on version 1.10. This will not “undo” anything we performed on the camera, you should be fine.

We got this from the Ricoh Website today:

Thank you for using a PENTAX K-3 digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.03 for PENTAX K-3.

Thank you,

Angela Ferguson Customer Service Representative

Sure enough, the Ricoh USA website still has firmware 1.03 as the most recent. CRIS said they are looking into it. Those of us that downloaded version 1.10 got it from the Ricoh site in Japan (at least if you used the link here on PF).
08-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #48
Unregistered User

The swedish site normally is really slow but we got the 1.10...
08-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by rodeknyt Quote
'Per the Ricoh website 1.03 is the latest version, we have no data on version 1.10. This will not “undo” anything we performed on the camera, you should be fine.'
Sure. But nothing about what was actually 'performed' on the camera. Does it concern anyone else when you hear someone say, don't worry, "you should be fine."

08-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mirror flap fix failed

My K-3 has experienced the mirror flap issue post-CRIS repair. I was shooting in manual mode and the rapid fire mirror action occurred exactly as it did before the repair. I just checked my firmware version and it is 1.03, as set by CRIS. I'll try returning to the most recent firmware that I had installed prior to the repair. I'll also follow-up with Ricoh support as soon as I can to report the return of this issue as I had previously communicated with them prior to sending the camera in for the fix. Somewhat disappointed, but I will continue to enjoy taking great pictures with this camera as it meets my needs quite well.
08-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by dave2k Quote
My K-3 has experienced the mirror flap issue post-CRIS repair. I was shooting in manual mode and the rapid fire mirror action occurred exactly as it did before the repair. I just checked my firmware version and it is 1.03, as set by CRIS. I'll try returning to the most recent firmware that I had installed prior to the repair. I'll also follow-up with Ricoh support as soon as I can to report the return of this issue as I had previously communicated with them prior to sending the camera in for the fix. Somewhat disappointed, but I will continue to enjoy taking great pictures with this camera as it meets my needs quite well.
Thats bad news. I was intending to send my camera in after I come back from holiday, before the warranty runs out. There is still some speculation as to whether the V1.11 that just came out has a fail-safe auto reset workaround for these problems or not. Some sort of watchdog timer would not be a proper fix, but might at least stop the camera from self destructing.

John.
08-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could 1.11 really be the mirror flop fix? Hasn't been much 'talk' about it the last week.

12-23-2014, 02:54 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Could 1.11 really be the mirror flop fix? Hasn't been much 'talk' about it the last week.
Well, today I got a response from C.R.Kennedy (the Australian service agents). According to them v1.11 is all they have, the technicians supposedly did contact Ricoh Japan to be sure. Unfortunately, as I have already said, it is not a proper fix. I rather think they should supply me a K-3 without the fault but I would probably have to escalate a complaint.

John.