Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
Forum Member

Firmware suggestion: Add setting to write video to both cards?

For backup against a bad SD card, I've set the K-3 to write DNG stills to both cards (using different makes).

But for video, the settings (with firmware 1.03) seem to allow me to choose to save video to card 1 or to card 2, but not to both cards 1 and 2.

If there's a timing or power consumption barrier to writing so much data to both cards simultaneously, maybe a compromise might be to copy (with verify/checksum) the saved video from one card to the other once the recording to the first card stops? (assuming the second card has enough free space)

(I'm going to be using four pairs of 32 GB cards, the second card only as a backup mirror. Although I probably won't take much video, for several days at a time its a case of "all the eggs in one card" for the video!)

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
backup, card, cards, dslr, firmware, k-3, k3, pentax k-3, video, video to both sd cards