Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maleek Quote
Nice to see videos surfacing. Given the lighting (and looking on 1080p), its quite nice.

Also - reducing contrast in camera, might save you the blown highlights.
Maybe , but shooting in direct sun at 2 in the afternoon with the dogs in shadow, didn't help at all. You can only rescue so much.

07-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I had really poor light, very harsh contrast and two black and white dogs, what are you gonna do? I know, reflector screens, assistants in tight dresses running around holding them. A few small cranes to hold the bigger reflectors. I just wasn't feeling like the effort.
Humor aside, did you have the contrast and sharpness flattened in the camera Custom image setup? It does make a work of difference in lighting conditions such as these.
I find the Muted setting useful for video.
07-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
NO, I just turn the camera to video and shoot, the things is I like the original 202 Mb version, I'm not sure I want to plan for compression artifacts. The blown highlights in the last clip... a bright sunny area with the dogs in shadow.... you can suggest using muted settings would shave helped, but you might be wrong. I'm not disappointed with the result. I've never thought it was worth fussing over video the way I fuss over stills. I learned to do video because I had to teach it, since the day I retired, I've shot maybe 5 minutes of video in the 7 years.